How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
Cluster Stitch Crochet: 74 Cluster Crochet Stitch Patterns
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
It can get pretty boring to do the same crochet stitches over and over again in an endless monotony of hook through stitch. That’s why it’s great that there are so many stitches to learn and create! If you’re looking to crochet different stitches than just the normal single and double crochets, the Cluster Stitch Crochet: 74 Cluster Crochet Stitch Patterns collection is for you.
Cluster stitch crochet is just what it sounds like—a group of crochet stitches that are clustered together at the top. When you learn to crochet this stitch, you'll find that instead of completing every stitch in a series, you leave the loops on the hook, then after a certain number, finish the stitches together. Cluster stitch is great because it can be used for many types of stitches and for many numbers of stitches. This stitch is triangular and ends up looking like an upside down shell stitch, which makes it a great stitch to use on its own or in combination with others. And, unlike bobble stitch that is all completed in one stitch, cluster stitch is more spread out, making it flatter and easier to combine with other flat stitches.
Keep scrolling to find your next cluster stitch pattern!
Table of Contents
Granny Square Patterns
The granny square is the building block of the granny square afghan, so it is always fun to know new designs and textures that will add variety to your larger afghans. These patterns using cluster stitch are definitely unique and exciting. Many of these granny square patterns feature beautiful stars and flowers, since cluster stitch makes great points and petals every time it’s used. Will you create one of these fantastic squares?
Want more floral crochet granny squares? Check out these great patterns! 21 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
Granny Square Afghan Patterns
Granny square afghans are such wonderful blankets to make because they work up in small pieces before being joined into a cozy blanket for your living room. These patterns are very customizable because you can vary the colors in each square to make your afghan as neutral or as rainbow as you want. You can also easily change the size of the afghan by adding or subtracting granny squares.
These afghan patterns are worked up all in one piece, growing before your eyes as you work. From stripes to ripples to solid color, this group of afghan patterns will have something that suits your blanket desires. Plus, the use of cluster stitch gives these afghans a great texture that will let you cuddle up without being overly warm.
For more of the best afghan patterns ever created, click here! The 100 Best Crochet Afghans Ever: Crochet Baby Blankets, Ripple Crochet Patterns, and More
Baby Blanket Patterns
Crocheting for babies is such a wonderful task, since every stitch you make packs in your love and best wishes for baby. All of these baby blanket patterns would be perfect to give to any baby, since they are cozy and have fun textures. These patterns would also look great in every color. Work up an extra baby blanket, too, since it is always good to have a blanket stored away as a last-minute gift for a baby shower.
Need some tips and tutorials on crochet basics? Basic Crochet Stitches Guide
BONUS: Crochet Edging Tutorials
Every afghan is enhanced by a border that brings together all of the elements of the larger pattern. These crochet edging patterns use the cluster stitch in combination with other great stitches to create beautiful edging for any afghan. Give your next afghan a lovely finishing touch with either of these great patterns.
More fun stitch patterns here! 58 Crochet Afghan Patterns Using Textured Stitches
What's your favorite crochet stitch?
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Project of the Day
Learning how to crochet the Bavarian square will open up a whole new world for you. This crochet stitch might look intimidating, but… Continue reading: "How to Crochet the Bavarian Square"
- Vibrantly Vintage Crochet Edging Pattern
- 26 Unique Crochet Stitches
- Knit-Look Chunky Afghan
- Chinese Puzzle Crochet Stitch Tutorial and Square
- Star Stitch Tutorial
- 28 Tunisian Stitch Crochet Afghan Patterns
- Happy Lark Scrap Blanket
- Unique Bavarian Crochet Stitch Tutorial
- Interweaving Cables Crochet Stitch Tutorial
- 13 Basic Crochet Stitches & Patterns free eBook
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Winter Jewels Amethyst Flower Granny Square
- Three Hour Throw
- Happy Lark Scrap Blanket
- Beneficent Bella Baby Blanket
- Eastern Star Motif
- Buffalo Check Plaid Blanket
- Wintergreen Baby Blanket
- Polar Bear & Penguin Pals Graphgan
- Wildlife Graphghan
- Night Before Christmas Graphgan Blanket
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions