We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
The Crocheted Baby Comfort Blanket is an intermediate-level crocheted blanket for baby to play on while he's young and to carry around for comfort when he starts toddling.
It's worked up using cluster stitches for added texture. With all of the colors of Red Heart Super Saver yarn to choose from, you can coordinate your blanket with baby's nursery. Since most crochet baby blankets are easy, this is a perfect pattern for experienced crocheters to work on. Your crochet skills may not impress baby just yet but mom will think it's amazing.
Crochet HookI/9 or 5.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge3 clusters and 2 crossed dc = 4"; 6 rows = 4"
Finished Size36" x 36"
- Red Heart Super Saver: #381 Light Blue (3 skeins)
- US size I/9 (6.0 mm) hook
- Yarn needle
If you like this pattern, then you will love the baby blankets found in 12 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns free eBook
Instructions for Pattern:
Row 1: Working in back bottom loop of each ch, cluster in 6th ch from hook, *ch 1, skip next 2 ch, dc in next ch, dc in last skipped ch to right of last dc (crossed dc made), ch 1, skip 1 ch, cluster in next ch; repeat from * across ending with ch 1, skip 1 ch, dc in last ch, turn. (20 clusters and 19 crossed dc)
Row 2: Ch 4 (counts as dc, ch 1 here and throughout), skip next ch-1 space, dc in next ch-1 space, dc in last skipped ch-1 space to the right (crossed dc made), *ch 1, cluster in space between next 2 dc of crossed dc, ch 1, crossed dc worked across next 2 ch-1 spaces; repeat from * across ending with ch 1, dc in 3rd ch of turning ch, turn.
Row 3: Ch 4, skip next ch-1 space, *cluster in space between next 2 dc of crossed dc, ch 1**, crossed dc worked across next 2 ch-1 spaces, ch 1; repeat from * across, ending last repeat at **, ch 1, dc in 3rd ch of turning ch, turn.
Rows 4-49: Repeat rows 2-3, 23 times. At end of last row, do not turn. Do not fasten off.
Rnd 1 (right side): Ch 1, *2 sc in each row-end st across left side to next corner*, (sc, ch 2, sc) in corner ch, working across bottom, sc in each ch-1 space and in each ch at base of a st to next corner, (sc, ch 2, sc) in corner ch; repeat from * to * across right side to next corner, (sc, ch 2, sc) in 3rd ch of top right turning ch, working across top edge, sc in first ch-1 space, sc in each st and each ch-1 space across to next corner, (sc, ch 2, sc) in last dc, join with slip st in first sc. (100 sc across each side; 4 ch-2 corner spaces)
Rnd 2 (right side): Ch 1, sc in first sc, *[skip next 2 sc, 5 dc (shell made) in next sc, skip next 2 sc, sc in next sc] across to next corner, skip next 2 sc, 7 dc in corner ch-2 space, skip next sc, sc in next sc; repeat from * around, join with slip st in first sc, turn.
Rnd 3 (wrong side): Ch 4, skip next dc, *sc in next dc, ch 1, skip next dc, (sc, ch 2, sc) in next dc, ch 1, skip next dc, sc in next dc, ch 1, skip next dc, [dc in next sc, ch 2, sc in center dc of next shell, ch 2] across to next corner**, dc in next dc, ch 1; repeat from * around, ending last repeat at **, join with slip st in 3rd ch of beginning ch-4, turn.
Rnd 4 (right side): Ch 3 (counts as dc), 4 dc in first st, sc in next sc, *[5 dc in next dc, sc in next sc] across to next corner, 2 dc in next sc, 5 dc in corner ch-2 space, 2 dc in next sc, sc in next sc; rep from * around, join with slip st in top of beginning ch. Fasten off.
Weave in ends.
- [Yo, insert hook in next st or space, yo, draw yarn through, yo, draw yarn through 2 loops on hook] 3 times in same st or space, yo, draw yarn through 4 loops on hook.
Since babies are so cute, they need matching blankets and loveys. That's why this collection is the best! Take a look at these sweet blankets: 34 Adorable Crochet Baby Afghan Patterns
Read NextMagic Rainbow Crochet Baby Blanket
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
- Magic Rainbow Crochet Baby Blanket
- Two Row Repeat Crochet Blanket With Chunky Yarn
- Hushabye Baby Blanket
- Crochet Rustic Country Blanket
- Timeless Lacy Shell Crochet Blanket
- Birthday Cake Baby Blanket
- Comfort Crochet Blanket Pattern
- I Heart You Crochet Baby Blanket
- Easy One Ball Baby Blanket
- A Quick & Easy Modern Blanket Crochet Pattern
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Two Row Repeat Quick And Simple Crochet Scarf Pattern
- Zig-zag Blanket
- Easy Texture Blanket Crochet Pattern
- A Quick & Easy Modern Blanket Crochet Pattern
- Neutral Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Free Crochet Pattern: Easy To Make Blanket
- Quick One Color Blanket Pattern
- How To Make A Baby Crochet Blanket Pattern
- How To Crochet A Blanket With Extended Half Double Crochets
- Easy Crochet Filet Blanket
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions