How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- see all comments
"Is there any way to get a written pattern?"
"I did find a great video explaining how to read the chart and directions. https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oumKr2eA Cant wait to start this project!"
"Wheres the pattern? The link takes you to a page that saids its been moved."
"May try to do in the future."
Tulip Lane Crochet Afghan Pattern
Crochet a field of flowers with this free crochet afghan pattern.
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Click here to view your crochet patterns.
Crocheting for beginners has never been so easy or stylish! The Tulip Lane Crochet Afghan will make you feel like you're in the exquisite tulip gardens of the Netherlands. This crochet flower pattern has all the trappings of a perfect spring blanket.
Using the crochet cluster stitch, this pattern is great to practice your crocheting skills. Whether you drape it over your couch or cuddle with it in your favorite armchair, this beautiful afghan will definitely add some outdoor charm to your home.
Crochet HookI/9 or 5.5 mm hook, J/10 or 6 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge14 sts = 4"; 12 rows = 4-3/4" in pattern with larger hook. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size hook to obtain gauge.
Finished Size51" x 65"
- RED HEART® Super Saver®: 4 skeins 313 Aran A, 2 skeins 633 Dark Sage B, 1 skein each 256 Carrot C and 320 Cornmeal D
- Crochet hook: 6mm [US J-10] and 5.5mm [US I-9]
- Yarn needle
If you like this crochet afghan pattern, then make sure you check out this collection of 13 Free Easter and Flower Crochet Patterns for Spring
Instructions for THROW:
To change color, work last st before color change until 2 loops remain on hook, drop color in use; with next color to be used, yo and draw through 2 loops remaining on hook. Continue with new color.
With A and larger hook, ch 169.
Row 1 (Right Side): Sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across, changing to B in last sc; turn.
Row 2: With B, ch 3, skip first sc, * (dc, ch 1, dc) all in next sc, skip next 2 sc; repeat from * to last 2 sts; (dc, ch 1, dc) all in next sc, dc in last sc changing to C; turn.
Row 3: With C, ch 3, skip first dc, * Cl in next ch-1 space, ch 2; repeat from * to last ch-1 space; Cl in last ch-1 space, dc in top of ch-3 changing to A; turn.
Row 4: With A, ch 1, sc in first dc, * sc in Cl, 2 sc in next ch-2 space; repeat from * to last 2 sts; sc in last Cl, sc in top of ch-3; turn.
Rows 5 and 6: Ch 1, sc in each sc across; turn.
Row 7: Repeat Row 5 changing to B in last sc; turn.
Row 8: With B, repeat Row 2 changing to D in last dc.
Row 9: With D, repeat Row 3.
Rows 10-13: Repeat Rows 4-7.
Repeat Rows 2-13 for pat until 62" from beginning, end by working Row 10.
Instructions for BORDER:
Round 1: With right side facing and larger hook, attach A in upper right hand corner; ch 1, * work an odd number of sc evenly across to next corner, work 3 sc in corner; repeat from * around taking care to keep work flat; join with a slip st in first sc.
Rounds 2 and 3: Ch 1, sc in each sc around working 3 sc in each corner; join to first sc.
Round 4: Ch 4, skip first 2 sc, * dc in next sc, ch 1, skip next sc; repeat from * to next corner sc; [dc, ch 1] 3 times all in corner sc, skip next sc; repeat from * around; ** dc in next sc, ch 1, skip next sc; repeat from ** to end; join in 3rd ch of ch-4. Change to smaller hook.
Round 5: Ch 1, * (slip st, ch 2, dc) all in next space; repeat from * around; join to first slip st.
Weave in ends.
- (SPECIAL) Cl (cluster)
- [yo and draw up a loop, yo and draw through2 loops on hook] 3 times all in same space, yo and draw through all 4 loops on hook
Nothing says "spring" like pastel. If you love soft and delicate afghan ideas, then be sure to get your copy of 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets free eBook
Read NextCrochet Pansy Afghan
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Keeping it Classic Crochet Afghan Pattern
If you're looking for a classic crochet afghan pattern you can use year round, then look no further than the Keeping it Classic… Continue reading: "Keeping it Classic Crochet Afghan Pattern"
- Crochet Pansy Afghan
- Japanese Flower Motif
- Blooming Hexagon Crochet Afghan Pattern
- Pennsylvania Dutch Afghan
- 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares free eBook
- Wild Child Flower Days Granny Square
- Primrose Path Crochet Afghan
- Tulip Lane Crochet Afghan Pattern
- Blooming Flowers Crochet Throw
- Love in Bloom Afghan
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Cozy Corners Afghan
- Crochet Moss Stitch Square Blanket Made In The Rounds
- Gia Afghan
- Crochet Tootie Fruity Stroller Blanket
- Four Colour Baby Blanket
- Jennifer E Ryan
- Ombre Bubble Baby Blanket
- Colorida Hammock Blanket
- Sunrise Stripes Baby Blanket
- Staggered Shells Baby Blanket Shawl
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions