58 Crochet Afghan Patterns Using Textured Stitches
Learn the popcorn stitch, bobble stitch, puff stitch, and cluster crochet stitch in order to make the most beautifully unique crochet afghans!
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Popcorns, bobbles, puffs, and clusters - oh my! What do all of these crochet stitches have in common? They all create wonderful texture to your crochet afghans and so much more. 58 Crochet Afghan Patterns Using Textured Stitches is bound to become your go-to guide to crocheting the cutest afghans around.
We've also included a how-to of each of these crochet stitches before giving you some of our favorite patterns that use the popcorn stitch, bobble stitch, puff stitch, and cluster crochet stitch. Many crocheters use these crochet stitch patterns interchangeably so some of these crochet patterns will look similar to others. Mostly, the bobble stitch seems to be the most textured crochet stitch out of all four.
The puff stitch is often identical to the crochet bobble stitch and the crochet popcorn stitch is very similar as well. Cluster stitch crochet patterns can be a little more subdued in texture but just as beautiful. Browse through all of these crochet stitch patterns to see which type you like the best!
Plus, watch this video tutorial right below on how to crochet the picot stitch!
Table of Contents
Bobble Stitch Crochet Afghan Patterns
How to Crochet the Bobble Stitch:
1. Working in front of work, work 5 triple crochet stitches in the ch-1 sp 2 rows below until 1 loop of each triple crochet stitch remains on your hook.
2. Yarn over and draw through all 6 loops on hook.
Below, find some crochet bobble stitch patterns to try.
Not ready for the advanced crochet stitch patterns yet? Try the basic crochet stitches with How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns. Learning how to crochet can be difficult if you don't have the right tools, so be sure you download this free eBook. It will lead you in the right direction and teach you all the basics to get started. Download your copy here: How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns free eBook
Puff Stitch Crochet Patterns
How to Crochet the Puff Stitch:
1. Yarn over, insert hook in the indicated stitch and draw up a loop. You'll have 3 loops on your hook.
2. [Yarn over, insert hook in same stitch and draw up a loop] 3 times. Now you'll have 9 loops on your hook.
3. Yarn over and draw through first 8 loops on your hook.
4. Yarn over and draw through remaining 2 loops on hook.
Below, find some crochet puff stitch patterns to try.
Popcorn Stitch Crochet Patterns
How to Crochet the Popcorn Stitch:
1. Work 4 double crochet stitches into the next single crochet.
2. Drop the loop from hook and insert hook under the top two loops of your first double crochet.
3. Pull dropped loop through double crochet to close Popcorn.
Below, find some crochet popcorn stitch patterns to try.
Cluster Crochet Stitch Patterns for Afghans
How to Crochet the Cluster Stitch:
1. Yarn over, insert hook in next stitch and pull up a loop, yarn over and draw through 2 loops on hook.
2. Repeat Step 1 four more times.
3. Yarn over and draw through all 6 loops on hook.
Below, find some crochet cluster stitch patterns to try.
WOW! What a collection this is. Never run out of ideas with these stitch-specific patterns found in this collection: 113 Crochet Stitch Patterns: Tunisian Stitch, Crochet Shell Stitch, Cable Stitch, Ripple Stitch & More
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Project of the Day
"I was looking for the perfect comfort crochet project and I found it! This simple, beginner-friendly (or mindless movie watching)… Continue reading: "Gentle Gradient Ripple Blanket"
Vibrantly Vintage Crochet Edging Pattern
Broomstick Lace Crochet Stitch Tutorial
28 Tunisian Stitch Crochet Afghan Patterns
13 Basic Crochet Stitches & Patterns free eBook
Cluster Stitch Crochet: 74 Cluster Crochet Stitch Patterns
Bavarian Crochet Tutorial
Star Stitch Tutorial
Unique Bavarian Crochet Stitch Tutorial
How to Crochet: Crocodile Stitch Tutorial
58 Crochet Afghan Patterns Using Different Stitches
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Every Little Thing Square
- Giraffe C2C Square - Wildlife Graphghan
- 6 Hour Crochet Blanket
- Twinkling Stars Blanket
- Ice Flower Granny Square
- Deer Stag C2C Square - Wildlife Graphghan
- Fabian's Ombré Baby Blanket
- Botanical Garden Square
- Hexi Askew Square
- Mingle Square
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions