58 Crochet Afghan Patterns Using Textured Stitches
Learn the popcorn stitch, bobble stitch, puff stitch, and cluster crochet stitch in order to make the most beautifully unique crochet afghans!
Popcorns, bobbles, puffs, and clusters - oh my! What do all of these crochet stitches have in common? They all create wonderful texture to your crochet afghans and so much more. 58 Crochet Afghan Patterns Using Textured Stitches is bound to become your go-to guide to crocheting the cutest afghans around.
We've also included a how-to of each of these crochet stitches before giving you some of our favorite patterns that use the popcorn stitch, bobble stitch, puff stitch, and cluster crochet stitch. Many crocheters use these crochet stitch patterns interchangeably so some of these crochet patterns will look similar to others. Mostly, the bobble stitch seems to be the most textured crochet stitch out of all four.
The puff stitch is often identical to the crochet bobble stitch and the crochet popcorn stitch is very similar as well. Cluster stitch crochet patterns can be a little more subdued in texture but just as beautiful. Browse through all of these crochet stitch patterns to see which type you like the best!
Plus, watch this video tutorial right below on how to crochet the picot stitch!
Table of Contents
Bobble Stitch Crochet Afghan Patterns
How to Crochet the Bobble Stitch:
1. Working in front of work, work 5 triple crochet stitches in the ch-1 sp 2 rows below until 1 loop of each triple crochet stitch remains on your hook.
2. Yarn over and draw through all 6 loops on hook.
Below, find some crochet bobble stitch patterns to try.
Puff Stitch Crochet Patterns
How to Crochet the Puff Stitch:
1. Yarn over, insert hook in the indicated stitch and draw up a loop. You'll have 3 loops on your hook.
2. [Yarn over, insert hook in same stitch and draw up a loop] 3 times. Now you'll have 9 loops on your hook.
3. Yarn over and draw through first 8 loops on your hook.
4. Yarn over and draw through remaining 2 loops on hook.
Below, find some crochet puff stitch patterns to try.
Popcorn Stitch Crochet Patterns
How to Crochet the Popcorn Stitch:
1. Work 4 double crochet stitches into the next single crochet.
2. Drop the loop from hook and insert hook under the top two loops of your first double crochet.
3. Pull dropped loop through double crochet to close Popcorn.
Below, find some crochet popcorn stitch patterns to try.
Cluster Crochet Stitch Patterns for Afghans
How to Crochet the Cluster Stitch:
1. Yarn over, insert hook in next stitch and pull up a loop, yarn over and draw through 2 loops on hook.
2. Repeat Step 1 four more times.
3. Yarn over and draw through all 6 loops on hook.
Below, find some crochet cluster stitch patterns to try.