The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions
- see all comments
"I did find a great video explaining how to read the chart and directions. https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oumKr2eA Cant wait to start this project!"
"Wheres the pattern? The link takes you to a page that saids its been moved."
"May try to do in the future."
Top 50+ Crochet Blanket Patterns of 2022
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Click here to view your crochet patterns.
As we bid adieu to 2022, let's check out your favorite patterns from the past year! Some usual suspects made your Top 50+ Crochet Blanket Patterns of 2022, but you also worked up many new favorite patterns!
Whether you found these gems through our newsletter, Laying It All Out, or searched for them on our site, these particular afghan patterns were reader (and editor!) faves all year long. From baby blankets to quick and easy throws to festive holiday favorites and everything in between, the list below offers winning inspiration for your next crochet project.
Enjoy! And, as always, happy hookin'!
Table of Contents
Quick and Easy Throw Patterns
These crochet afghan patterns are so quick and easy to work up, you'll barely have to look at your hook! You'll love that you can make a whole afghan in just a couple days or even hours!
So if you're wondering what to get for your friend's birthday this weekend, wonder no more. In just a few skeins, you'll be able to whip up a stunning crochet blanket - like the Make it Quick Afghan - that looks remarkably impressive, especially considering its simple pattern.
Friends and relatives alike will be clamoring for you to make them one of these throws, and since they're so easy and fast to hook, you'll happily oblige.
Many crochet stitches are beautiful, but we think the star stitch is gorgeous for anything you want to work up. You can learn it with this How to Crochet Star Stitch Tutorial. This is a video tutorial with great written instructions as well, so no matter if you need to watch someone do something or read instructions, you'll be able to learn the star stitch.
Baby Blanket Patterns
Part of the reason baby blankets are always so popular is because many of them actually fit in the above category! Often, they are quick and easy and pack a big bang for your buck.
For example, with this One Skein Baby Blanket, you can create a beautiful gift for the newest little person in your life with just one skein of yarn! So not only are most baby blankets very easy to hook, they are also quite cost-effective.
Also, they make great projects for crocheters of any skill level. Whether you're a crochet weekend warrior wanting to zone out while watching Netflix or a beginner looking to practice her stitches, the patterns below will help you create a heartfelt, personalized present.
Stunning and Sophisticated Crochet Afghan Patterns
Each of these stunning and sophisticated crochet afghan patterns is sure to impress even the harshest of critics. From luxurious, lacy, royal marvels, like the Duchess of Cambridge Crochet Blanket, to radiant ripples that are surprisingly easy to hook, your favorite blanket patterns this year are some of the most beautiful around!
Hook one of these amazing patterns for yourself or gift one to a very lucky someone who is sure to treasure their stunner for years if not generations to come. Indeed, these crochet blankets are truly heirloom material.
"What is more fun than making an easy textured blanket? Making it in just 4 hours! This baby blanket is soft and squishy and one of the fastest blankets you will ever work. Designed using the Bernat Blanket chenille yarn and a very simple variation of the half double crochet, this could be your new favorite beginner pattern. The blanket pictured is made in shades of blue for a boy. Try making it in girl colors and I am sure you will love it."
Read NextHealing Granny Ripple Blanket
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Project of the Day
Bohemian Lace Afghan
Embrace the lace and try the Bohemian Lace Afghan. Written in 3 different sizes, this lacy crochet pattern is versatile and great for… Continue reading: "Bohemian Lace Afghan"
- Healing Granny Ripple Blanket
- Sophie's Garden Crochet Blanket
- Ties That Bind Blanket
- Crochet Blanket Patterns by Yarn Weight
- 10 Different Crochet Stitches for Blankets
- Easy Rectangle Log Cabin Blanket
- 21 Crochet Afghan Border Ideas
- 15 Crochet Blankets: Two Skeins or Less
- 14 Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns
- 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans free eBook
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- How-to Turn Your Crochet (with Mini Tutorial)
- Textured Crochet Fleece Blanket
- Corner To Corner C2c Mini Bean Stitch Square & Rectangle
- Quick & Easy: Crochet Throw Pattern
- Beginner Throw (free Crochet Pattern)
- Free Pattern: One Skein Crochet Blanket
- Striped Suzette Stitch Baby Blanket Pattern
- Simple Forgiving Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Crochet Pattern: Modern Throw
- How To: Make A Soft Textured Crochet Blanket
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions