- see all comments
"I did find a great video explaining how to read the chart and directions. https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oumKr2eA Cant wait to start this project!"
"Wheres the pattern? The link takes you to a page that saids its been moved."
"May try to do in the future."
21 Crochet Afghan Borders You Need to See
These free crochet edging patterns will add the most beautiful touches to your afghans.
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Click here to view your crochet patterns.
If you are looking for an edge over other crochet patterns, crochet borders may be just what you want and need. With 21 Crochet Afghan Borders You Need to See, you will witness the most beautiful, unique, and must-make crochet edging patterns ever.
The best part about borders is that they can be added to almost anything. Along with baby blankets, throws, and afghans, you can also add borders to granny squares, table runners, and pillows, just to name a few. They vary in skill level and style, so there is something for everyone.
Even more exciting is that some of these crochet afghan border patterns have video tutorials! That way, you can follow along with our in-house crochet teachers as they walk you through ruffles, shells, and other pretty edging designs. The other patterns in this collection include vintage styles, floral touches, and fun original creations.
Sign up now for more great (and free!) crochet afghan patterns!
Table of Contents
Crochet Edging Tutorial YouTube Videos
Most of these crochet video tutorials are courtesy of our sister site, AllFreeCrochet. Our in-house and collaborative crochet experts, Chris Hammond and Kristi Simpson, go through how to crochet these gorgeous edgings in video tutorials that you can watch on our pages or on YouTube.
Great for visual learners, these videos explain the style, stitches, and walk you through each step.
These videos include borders of different stitches, from simple straight edging to picot to shell. There are also edging that is crocheted into ruffles, scallops, and more.
Elegant Vintage Crochet Edging
Classic, simple, or elegant borders are featured in this section. You may think of your grandma's crochet afghans when growing up or simply enjoy the clean yet luxurious appearance of these edging ideas.
Some are simple square borders or stylish lace looks that can be as wide or narrow as desired.
Make sure you click on all of these before moving on because, if you crochet afghans, then you must see these gorgeous ideas. If you are making a crochet gift sometime soon or want ideas for the future, any of these masterpieces are sure to fit.
Borders for Crochet Baby Blankets
Nothing is more fitting for a new bundle of joy than a beautiful handmade afghan. Lovely borders, from shells to scallops and everything in between will help you finish off any small blanket. Adding a border or edging to a baby blanket adds a little something special.
These blankets are already small but this will help add some extra substance and dimension to the piece.
You can make borders for crochet baby blankets or even make crochet borders for fleece or flannel blankets as well. Adding that crochet border makes it so much more elegant and sweet.
Unique Crochet Afghan Borders Patterns
Every border featured on this page is beloved and artistic but these may be the most creative. Want some sort of edging that really sets your blanket apart from the rest? Any of these will be sure to do that.
Crochet cute elephants like the example shown in the image or work up some stunning roses or pumpkins to finish off your afghan.
We will be adding to this section when we see a new artistic piece of edging to feature, so make sure you come back and see what's new.
Do you add borders to your afghans?
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Oct 12, 2017
I love adding borders to afghans! It takes anything to the next level, that's for sure.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Square Upon Square Throw
This stunning throw from Red Heart Yarns is perfect for using on a chilly afternoon or evening. Crochet granny squares with Red Heart… Continue reading: "Square Upon Square Throw"
- The Warmest Afghans Ever: 16 Crochet Blanket Patterns
- Sophie's Garden Crochet Blanket
- Top 100 Crochet Blanket Patterns of 2017
- Crochet Blanket Patterns by Yarn Weight
- 15 Crochet Blankets: Two Skeins or Less
- 30 Ocean-Themed Crochet Patterns
- Healing Granny Ripple Blanket
- Snugly Warm Lapghan Blanket
- 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans free eBook
- 14 Simply Elegant Crochet Blanket Patterns
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- A Fast Throw Pattern, Free Crochet Pattern
- A Cozy Throw (free Crochet Pattern)
- How To Crochet Easter Bunny Applique
- Adjust The Size Of A Crochet Blanket
- What Is Gauge In Crochet?
- How To Finish Off A Crochet Blanket
- Why Is The Starting Edge Of Crochet Bunched Together?
- How To Crochet Your Second Row
- How To Crochet Your First Row
- How-to Turn Your Crochet (with Mini Tutorial)
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions