8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
Snow Bunny Crochet Blanket Pattern
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Wrap yourself up in this cozy Snow Bunny Crochet Blanket Pattern throw after a day spent outside in the snow. This V-stitch crochet blanket is just like the winter wonderland you always hope for. Crisp and delicate, this crochet blanket pattern is perfect for a fireside nap.
You won't even mind shoveling knowing you have this wonderful afghan to return to. Everyone in the family will want a piece of this snowy white blanket during the holiday season. Though, because it's simple and pure, it can be used year-round.
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge9 sts = 2½” (6.5 cm); 4 rows (3 dc rows and 1 sc row) = 2½” (6.5 cm) in pattern. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size hook to obtain the gauge.
Finished Size44" x 56" (112 x 142 cm)
- RED HEART® Super Saver®: 5 skeins 313 Aran
- Crochet hook: 5 mm [US H-8]
- Yarn needle
Crochet V Stitch Tutorial
Learn how to master the V-Stitch pattern when you take on this gorgeous afghan pattern. Check out the video below to see how easy it is to crochet the v-stitch!
Get more great white blanket patterns in our collection of
Snow Bunny Crochet Blanket Pattern
(SPECIAL) V-st (V-stitch): (Dc, ch 1, dc) in indicated stitch or space
Instructions for the BLANKET:
Row 1 (right side): 3 dc in 4th ch from hook (beginning ch counts as first dc), *skip next 2 ch, 3 dc in next ch; repeat from * across to last 2 ch, skip next ch, dc in last ch, turn—Fourty- eight 3-dc groups and 1 dc at each end.
Row 2: Ch 3 (counts as dc here and throughout), V-st in center dc of each 3-dc group across, dc in top of beginning ch, turn—48 V-sts and 1 dc at each end.
Row 3: Ch 3, 3 dc in ch-1 space of each V-st across, dc in top of beginning ch, turn.
Row 4: Ch 1, sc in first dc, (sc, ch 3, sc) in center dc of each 3-dc group across, sc in top of beginning ch, turn—48 (sc, ch 3, sc) groups and 1 sc at each end.
Row 5: Ch 3, 3 dc in each ch-3 space across, dc in last sc, turn.
Rows 6–81: Repeat Rows 2–5 nineteen times.
Rows 82 and 83: Repeat Rows 2 and 3. Fasten off.
Instructions for the BORDER:
Round 1 (right side): With right side facing, join yarn with slip st in first dc of last row, ch 1, (sc, ch 3, sc) in same dc (corner made), (sc, ch 3, sc) in center dc of each 3-dc group across, (sc, ch 3, sc) in last dc (corner made); working across side edge, (sc, ch 3, sc) in end of each dc row; working across opposite side of foundation ch, (sc, ch 3, sc) in ch at base of dc (corner made), (sc, ch 3, sc) in ch at base of each 3-dc group across, (sc, ch 3, sc) in beginning ch-space (corner made); working across final side edge, (sc, ch 3, sc) in end of each dc row; join with slip st in first sc.
Round 2: (Sc, [ch 3, sc] 3 times) in first ch-3 space (corner), *(sc, ch 3, sc) in each ch-3 space across to next corner ch-3 space, (sc, [ch 3, sc] 3 times) in corner ch-3 space; repeat from * 2 more times, (sc, ch 3, sc) in each remaining ch-3 space to end of round; join with slip st in first sc.
Round 3: Slip st in each st to center ch-3 space of corner, [(sc, ch 3, sc, ch 4, sc, ch 3, sc) in corner ch-3 space, *sc in next ch-3 space, (sc, ch 3, sc, ch 4, sc, ch 3, sc) in next ch-3 space; repeat from * to center ch-3 space of next corner] 4 times; join with slip st in first sc. Fasten off.
Instructions for FINISHING:
Weave in ends.
Discover fresh patterns for your pattern library with the 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns free eBook
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Ripples of Joy Crochet Throw
- Suzy Snowflake Afghan
- DIY Christmas: 21 Free Christmas Crochet Afghan Patterns For Your Home
- Snowflake Afghan Corner to Corner Crochet Pattern
- Snow Bunny Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Scandinavian Snowflake Crochet Blanket
- Snowflake Afghan
- Retro Ornament Pattern Throw
- Christmas Star Throw and Pillow
- Austrian Sleigh Crochet Afghan
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Dizzy Double Crochet Stitch Tutorial
- Super Simple Granny Square Pattern
- Baby Bear Corner to Corner Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Dotted Doubles Crochet Stitch Tutorial
- Bluebell Baby Crochet Afghan
- Little Prince Baby Crochet Afghan
- Mountain Streams Baby Crochet Afghan
- Warm Ridges Granny Square Pattern
- Color Wheel Granny Square Afghan Pattern
- Chinese Puzzle Crochet Stitch Tutorial and Square