- see all comments
"Is there any way to get a written pattern?"
"I did find a great video explaining how to read the chart and directions. https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oumKr2eA Cant wait to start this project!"
"Wheres the pattern? The link takes you to a page that saids its been moved."
"May try to do in the future."
Thick Twist Basketweave Afghan
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Click here to view your crochet patterns.
The thick twists of this aptly named Thick Twist Basketweave Afghan give it a wonderful texture you won't be able to keep your hands off. Fold this easy crochet afghan and lay it across the foot of your bed or over the back of your couch.
This basketweave afghan pattern is going to keep you warm all through winter, too. The basketweave crochet stitch is so distinctive and impressive that you'll want to use it for more than just this crochet afghan. The rustic shade of brown makes this a perfect gift for the men in your life as well.
Crochet HookJ/10 or 6 mm hook
Yarn Weight(5) Bulky/Chunky (12-15 stitches for 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge12 dc and 7 rows = 4 ins [10 cm]
Finished SizeApprox 46" x 47" [117 cm x 119.5 cm]
- 5 balls Bernat Softee Chunky Twists (340 g/12 oz) yarn in Thyme Twists
- 6 mm (U.S. J or 10) crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge
Find the coolest striped afghans to make in this collection of 6 Striped Crochet Afghan Patterns for Men and Boys
Instructions for AFGHAN:
1st row: (RS). 1 hdc in 3rd ch from hook. 1 hdc in each ch to end of row. 152 hdc.
**2nd row: Ch 2 (does not count as hdc). 1 hdc in first hdc. *1 dcfp in each of next 10 sts. 1 dcbp in each of next 10 sts. Rep from * 6 times more. 1 dcfp in each of next 10 sts. 1 hdc in last hdc. Turn.
3rd row: Ch 2 (does not count as hdc). 1 hdc in first hdc. *1 dcbp in each of next 10 sts. 1 dcfp in each of next 10 sts. Rep from * 6 times more. 1 dcbp in each of next 10 sts. 1 hdc in last hdc. Turn.
Rep last 2 rows for approx 3 ins [7.5 cm], ending with 2nd row.***
Beg with 2nd row, rep last 2 rows for approx 3 ins [7.5 cm], ending with 2nd row.**
Rep from ** to ** 6 times more, then from ** to *** once.
Pin Blanket to measurements. Cover with a damp cloth, leaving cloth to dry.
Instructions for EDGING:
1st rnd: With RS of Blanket facing, join yarn with sl st to top right corner. Ch 2 (does not count as st). Work 150 hdc evenly along top of Blanket, 3 hdc in corner, 105 hdc down side, 3 hdc in corner, 150 hdc along bottom, 3 hdc in corner, 105 hdc up side and 3 hdc in corner. Join with sl st to first hdc. Turn.
2nd rnd: Working from left to right instead of right to left as usual, work 1 reverse sc in each hdc around. Join with sl st to first sc.
- Yoh and draw up a loop around post of next st at front of work 1 row below, inserting hook from right to left. (Yoh and draw through 2 loops on hook) twice – 1 dcfp made.
- Yoh and draw up a loop around post of next st at back of work 1 row below inserting hook from right to left. (Yoh and draw through 2 loops on hook) twice – 1 dcbp made.
You'll never be without a gift for the big and little men in your life once you download your copy of Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghan Patterns for Men and Boys free eBook
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Jun 06, 2019
I am currently making a bath mat in cotton in the basket weave stitch. It's going to take me at least five weeks to finish. WHAT HAVE I DONE? )
Aug 16, 2018
This blanket looks really intricate, but after reading the pattern I think it is actually really easy! I love the basketweave texture and the neutral color is perfect for gifting to a man, or fitting into a room with a neutral color scheme.
Sep 11, 2017
Wow l Iove this Thick Twist Basketweave Afghan pattern. It is well written and easy to follow. I made mine using the Sweet Roll yarn in blues and it came out so sweet! Nice and thick and so warm. I wish I could load a picture of mine, because it came out so nice, I had to make one for my Mother-in-Law too. This is a great pattern to keep and do in the fall or winter because I made them in the summer and have to say I was hot! Thank you so much for sharing this free crochet pattern.
May 08, 2016
Here's the link to the pattern http//www.favecrafts.com/Crochet-Afghans/Basketwea == ve-Twists-Afghan-from-Bernat. This afghan looks so cozy. Perfect for snuggling on a cold winter's day. Done in soft Bernat so I can imagine the softness it can provide when this is finally completed. I've pinned this afghan.
Apr 14, 2016
I've done smaller projects with basketweave, I can't wait to try this pattern! This will be a perfect blanket for my living room
Aug 31, 2015
I'm looking forward to trying Basketweave, thank you.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Beginner Daydream Baby Blanket
Using fun colors like sunshine, light country peach, orchid and other soft colors will make you feel like you're on a cloud while… Continue reading: "Beginner Daydream Baby Blanket"
- Thick Twist Basketweave Afghan
- Blueberry Mornings Crochet Set
- Chunky Basketweave Crochet Blanket
- Cranberry Basketweave Throw
- Neutral Basket Weave Crochet Baby Blanket
- Basketweave Throw
- Blue Basket Weave Crochet Baby Blanket
- Ivory Basket Weave Baby Blanket
- 21 Crochet Basketweave Afghan Patterns
- Rainfall Crochet Stitch
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Cozy Corners Afghan
- Crochet Moss Stitch Square Blanket Made In The Rounds
- Gia Afghan
- Crochet Tootie Fruity Stroller Blanket
- Four Colour Baby Blanket
- Jennifer E Ryan
- Ombre Bubble Baby Blanket
- Colorida Hammock Blanket
- Sunrise Stripes Baby Blanket
- Staggered Shells Baby Blanket Shawl
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions