One Skein Baby Blanket
Love easy free crochet afghan patterns? Try this One Skein Baby Blanket. It's a cheap, fun gift to make for any mom and new baby.
The soft pink color makes this a great crochet baby blanket for baby girls, but you can also switch up the color and use blue, yellow, or any color you want to match the baby's gender, or to coordinate with the nursery.
Just one 1-pound skein of worsted weight yarn in any color is all that is needed to complete this free crocheted afghan pattern. Picot edging gives it the perfect finishing touch.
Crochet HookJ/10 or 6 mm hook, K/10.5 or 6.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeIn pattern, 11 sts and 8 rows = 4"/10cm
Finished Size34" x 35" (86.5 cm x 89 cm)
- Caron One Pound- one skein, soft pink
- One size US K-10.5 (6.5mm) crochet hook, or size to obtain gauge
- One size J-10 (6mm) crochet hook (for picot edging only)
- Yarn needle
Instructions for BLANKET:
With larger hook, ch 94.
Row 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each remaining ch across, turn—93 sc.
Row 2: Ch 2 (does not count as a st), *sk next st, dc in next st, dc in skipped st; repeat from * across to last st, dc in last st, turn.
Row 3: Ch 1, sc in each st across (do not work into the turning ch), turn.
Repeat last 2 rows 33 times. Do not turn at end of last row and do not fasten off.
Instructions for EDGING:
Edging: Working in ends of rows across side of blanket, 3 sc in corner, work sc evenly spaced across side edge, 3 sc in corner, working across opposite side of foundation ch, sc in each ch across, 3 sc in corner, working in ends of rows across other side of blanket, work sc evenly spaced across side edge, 3 sc in corner; sl st in first sc of last row of blanket.
Change to smaller hook.
Picot Edging: Ch 1, (sc, ch 1, sc) in same st as last sl st made (picot made), sk next st, *(sc, ch 1, sc) in next st, sk next st; repeat from * around; join with sl st in first sc.
Instructions for FINISHING:
Using yarn needle, weave in ends.
- Answer our question below and you will be entered to win a prize from our prize closet!
- There is a maximum of one entry per person. Commenting on this page will enter you to win the prize. Duplicate comments will be deleted and are not tallied.
- Winner will be selected at random from the comments on this page below.
- You have until Sunday, November 17th, 2019 at 11:59pm EST to leave your comment on this post. Comments after that will not be counted.
- Winner will be contacted Monday November 18th, 2019 by the e-mail address provided in their account (please do NOT leave your e-mail address in the comments — you already provided it when you create your account).
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and Canada (excluding Puerto Rico and Quebec).
How many one skein baby blankets have you crocheted, and who did you crochet them for?
Answer for a chance to win a prize!
Read NextBirthday Cake Baby Blanket