Floral Petals Mile a Minute Afghan
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
If you need to work up a crochet blanket quickly, you'll be grateful that you found the Floral Petals Mile a Minute Afghan. As far as crochet blanket patterns go, this one is the prettiest and the fastest to make.
When you need an easy crochet blanket for a baby shower or another occasion, this mile a minute crochet pattern should be your go-to last minute gift. No one will be able to tell that you whipped up this mile a minute afghan really quick because it's incredibly beautiful.
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeEach strip measures 6" x 61"
Finished Size49" x 62"
- RED HEART Super Saver: 1 skein 0373 Petal Pink, 2 skeins 0668 Honeydew, 3 skeins 0311 White
- RED HEART Classic: 3 skeins 0230 Yellow, 2 skeins 0246 Sea Coral
- Crochet Hook: 5.0 mm (US H-8) crochet hook or size needed for gauge
Still want more amazing mile-a-minute patterns? Check out our collection Mile-a-Minute Crochet: 25 Quick Crochet Blanket Patterns
Instructions for STRIP:
(Make 3 pink, 3 yellow, 2 sea coral)
Row 1 (RS): With floral color, ch 6, and form a ring, ch 3, [(2 dc, ch 1) twice, 3 dc) in ring, turn.
Row 2: Ch 3, 3 dc in ch 1 space, ch 2, 3 dc in next ch 1 space, dc in last dc, turn,
Row 3: Ch 3, [(2 dc, ch 1) twice, 2 dc) in ch 2 space, turn.
Rows 4 – 58: Repeat Rows 2 and 3.
Fasten off after last row.
Instructions for EDGING:
Round 1: With white and right side facing (3 dc, ch 1, 3 dc) in top ch 2 space, ch 1, skip 1 dc, 3 dc in next dc, [ch 1, 3 dc in each ch space] around until bottom, ch 1, (3 dc, ch 1, 3 dc) in beginning ch 6 loop, [ch 1, 3 dc in each ch space ending ch 1, skip 1 dc of last 3 dc, 3 dc in next dc, ch 1 join to beginning dc and fasten off.
Round 2: With honeydew (2 dc, ch 1, 2 dc) in top ch 1 space, (2 dc, ch 1, 2 dc) in each ch 1 space around, join to beginning dc and fasten off.
NOTE: Strip will not lay flat until after Round 3.
Round 3: With white sc in 3rd ch 1 space from top on the right edge of the strip, [ch 5, sc in next ch 1 space around] 6 times, [ch 3, sc in next ch 1 space], until 3 ch 1 spaces from the bottom, [ch 5, sc in next ch 1 space around] 6 times, [ch 3, sc in each ch 1 space], join to beginning sc and fasten off leaving enough yarn for joining of strips.
Instructions for STRIP ASSEMBLY:
See Strip Color Placement Diagram. With right side facing whipstitch strips together beginning at top side edge start at first sc after ch 5, whipstitch every second stitch together making a loop around the sc joinings, end at bottom sc before ch 5 space and fasten off.
Instructions for AFGHAN EDGING:
With white and right side facing work 6 sc in first top right edge ch 5 space, 6 sc in each ch 5 space until joining, slip stitch in joining, *6 sc in each ch 5 space until joining, slip stitch in joining, repeat from * across until last ch 5 space along left top edge, 4 sc in each ch 3 space until first ch 5 space, repeat from * across bottom and right side edge , join to beginning sc and fasten off.
What is Mile a Minute?
Mile a minute crochet is really just a fun and cute new for simple, repetitive projects. Often associated with larger projects, like crochet blankets, mile a minute projects imply that the pattern is so easy to work that you go at a speed of a mile a minute with your work.
These types of projects are usually made of simple crochet stitches, very basic patterns or both. Mile a minute crochet projects are perfect to work on while watching your favorite movie or television show, and are great for last minute gifts for someone.
If you like the colors in this afghan, then you are going to love the patterns found in 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets free eBook
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Images from other crafters
Your Recently Viewed Projects
World's Fastest Crochet Afghan
Fast Irish Panels Throw
Floral Petals Mile a Minute Afghan
Close to Home Chunky Crochet Blanket
Marvelous Mile a Minute Afghan
15 Mile-a-Minute Crochet Afghan Patterns
25 Quick Crochet Blanket Patterns
Beginner Waves Afghan
Weekend Wavelength Afghan
Rainbow Mile a Minute Crochet Blanket Pattern
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Bernat Baby Blanket Yarn
- Right Round Square
- "Two Hearts that beat as One" C2C Square
- Grey Wolf C2C Square - Wildlife Graphghan
- Aurora Skies Ribbed Crochet Baby Blanket
- Bahama Waves Baby Blanket
- Arboretum Square
- "Tigris, the Siberian Tiger" - C2C Square - Wildlife Graphghan
- Woolly Sheep C2C Square
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions