We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Find the essence of feminine beauty in the Lady Windsor Lace Crochet Blanket. Inspired by Irish lace, this lovely afghan has a simple yet intricate crochet motifs all wrapped up into one gorgeous pattern. We can't get over the combination of lace and pure white yarn for such a classy look. There's no doubt that you could find this on one of many sofas in the British royals' castles. You too can have the royal treatment when you work up this free easy crochet pattern.
Crochet HookJ/10 or 6 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeMotif = 4" [10 cm] square.
Finished Size: Approx 56" x 64" [142 x 162 cm]. Excluding fringe.
- Patons® Canadiana® (3.5 oz/100 g; 205 yds/187 m) - Aran (10008): 15 balls
- Size U.S. J/10 (6 mm) crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge.
PANEL (Make 7)
First Square: Ch 6. Join with sl st to first ch to form a ring.
1st rnd: Ch 2. (Yoh. Insert hook into ring. Yoh and draw up a loop. Yoh and draw through 2 loops) twice. Yoh and draw through all loops on hook - Dc2tog made. [Ch 3. (Yoh. Insert hook into ring. Yoh and draw up a loop. Yoh and draw through 2 loops) 3 times. Yoh and draw through all loops on hook - Dc3tog made] 7 times. Ch 3. Join with sl st to top of first dc2tog.
2nd rnd: Sl st to center of next ch-3 arch. Ch 1. 1 sc in same arch. (Ch 5. 1 sc in next arch) 7 times. Ch 2. 1 dc in first sc.
3rd rnd: *Ch 5. (Dc3tog. Ch 3. Dc3tog) in next arch.** Ch 5. 1 sc in next arch. Rep from * twice more, then from * to ** once. Ch 5. Join with sl st in top of dc at end of 2nd rnd. Fasten off.
Find more absolutely gorgeous patterns in our collection of 14 Simply Elegant Crochet Blanket Patterns
Second to Fifteenth Squares:
1st and 2nd rnds: Work as given for First Square.
3rd rnd: (Join to previous Square). Ch 5. *(Dc3tog. Ch 1) in next arch. Insert hook from RS in center ch of corner of previous Square and sl st. (Ch 1. Dc3tog) in same arch.* **Ch 2. Insert hook from RS in center ch of ch-5 arch of previous Square and sl st. Ch 2.** 1 sc in next arch. Rep from ** to ** once more, then from * to * once more. 2 Squares joined. [Ch 5. 1 sc in next arch. Ch 5. (Dc3tog. Ch 3. Dc3tog) in next arch] twice. Ch 5. Join with sl st in top of dc at end of 2nd rnd. Fasten off.
1st row: (RS). Join yarn with sl st to any corner ch-3 sp of Square at end of Panel. Ch 3. 2 dc in same ch-3 sp. *(5 dc in next ch-5 arch) twice. 2 dc in corner arch. 1 dc between Squares (over joining st). 2 dc in next corner arch. Rep from * ending with 3 dc in last corner ch-3 sp. Turn.
2nd row: Ch 3. 1 sc between dc groups of previous row. *Ch 5. 1 sc between 5 dc groups. Rep from * to last 3 dc group. Ch 3. 1 sc in top of ch 3. Turn.
3rd row: Ch 3. 2 dc in ch-3 arch. *5 dc in next ch-5 arch. Rep from * to last ch-3 arch. 3 dc in ch-3 arch. Turn.
4th row: Ch 3. Skip first 2 sts. *(1 dc. Ch 2. 1 dc) in next st. Skip next 3 sts. Rep from * to last 4 sts. (1 dc. Ch 2. 1 dc) in next st. Skip next 2 sts. 1 dc in last st. Turn.
5th row: Ch 2. 1 hdc in each st or ch to end of row. Fasten off.
Work these 5 rows edging along other side of Panel.
Finishing: Sew 7 panels tog, catching back loop only of each hdc along edges.
Fringe: Cut 24" [61 cm] lengths of yarn. Taking 3 strands tog, knot into first and last st. Taking 6 strands tog, knot into fringe evenly across end of Afghan. For second row of knots, take 3 strands from every section and knot tog. Trim fringe evenly.
- Approx = Approximately
- Ch = Chain(s)
- Dc = Double crochet
- Hdc = Half double crochet
- Rep = Repeat
- RS = Right side
- Rnd(s) = Round(s)
- Sc = Single crochet
- Sl st = Slip stitch
- Sp(s) = Space(s)
- St(s) = Stitch(es)
- Tog = Together
- Yoh = Yarn over hook
Love white patterns? Find more in our collection of 17 Pearl White Crochet Blanket Patterns
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Images from other crafters
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Make an easy baby blanket with pleasing colors when you crochet this Taupe and Green Striped Baby Blanket. This crochet baby afghan… Continue reading: "Taupe and Green Striped Baby Blanket"
- Country Charm Crochet Blanket
- Crazy Cool Yo-Yo Crochet Afghan
- White Hibiscus Hexagon Afghan
- Mad for Tassels Granny Stitch Afghan
- Tropical Pineapple Squares Blanket
- Pretty as a Primrose Crochet Blanket
- Blooming Burgundy Granny Square Pattern
- Lady Windsor Lace Crochet Blanket
- Pretty Rose Twists Afghan
- 100 Motif Afghan
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Bobble Stripe Baby Blanket
- Festive Light Crochet Blanket
- Beach Day Blanket
- Best Darn Yarn Tenders
- My Mother's Garden Afghan
- Godzilla Blanket
- Simply Sophisticated Scarlet Crochet Throw
- Cranberry Pie Granny Square
- Astrology Afghan
- Corn And Poppy Granny Square
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions