Botany Yarn Collection
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Botany Yarn Collection
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeCrochetAfghanPatterns.com
Round Mountain Fibers is a boutique fiber-arts studio that has unique hand-dyed yarn inspired by nature. Each skein is hand-dyed which means not a single skein is identical. Their three collections of yarn include Botany (yarn inspired by plants), Entomology (yarn inspired by insects) and Ornithology (yarn inspired by birds). Botany is an amazing collection that has colorways that naturally splotch and variegate.
Botany comes in a spruce base which is 100% superwash merino and a willow base which is also 100% superwash merino. Spruce has a high twist for increase durability and stitch definition while willow is super squishy and glossy, that has both drape and stitch definition. This Botany collection has beautiful colors based off plants we see in nature.
Colors like Jack in the Pulpit, Jewel Weed, Elderberry, Lilac and Wild Mustard are all featured within this collection and inspired by all things nature. There are only 12 colors of Botany, but they are simply stunning. Each yarn color has a story behind it as well as an educational factor that you can read about on the Round Mountain Fibers site. For example Jack in the Pulpit is a flowering plant native to the Eastern US and belongs to the Arum family. You’ll also learn that it is not endangered like some of the other plants.
A fingering weight yarn like this is perfect for making garments like scarves, shawls, hats and cowls as well as other dainty items. As you work up your project you'll notice a variegated pattern emerge, resulting in a stunning, unique piece.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Chance to Win Bernat Super Saver Neon Yarn!
Patons Divine Yarn
Enter to win a set of Furls Crochet Candy Shop Hooks!
Bernat Mega Bulky Yarn
Enter to win Shepherd's Shades Yarn!
Chance to win Heal the Wool Yarn!
Chance to win Premier Couture Jazz Yarn!
Pulled Silk from Darn Good Yarn
Lizbeth Thread Holder Review
Win a Creative Options Crochet Tote!
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Lava Fox C2C Square - Wildlife Graphghan
- Chimp Lolo C2C Square - Wildlife Graphghan
- "Panda Lee" C2C Square
- Lioness Lea C2C Square - Wildlife Graphghan
- Bernat Super Value Yarn
- Wrap Me in Sunshine Blanket
- Get In Line Granny Afghan
- Centaur Mandala Afghan
- Blooming Lily of the Water Square
- Popcorn Flower Granny Square
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions