Premier Mega Tweed Yarn
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Premier Mega Tweed Yarn
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeCrochetAfghanPatterns.com
Premier Mega Tweed Yarn is my new favorite yarn, especially around this time of year. When the weather starts to turn and the cool crisp air arrives, we know it's time to whip out the chunky yarn. You can easily knit or crochet with Mega Tweed to come up with a stylish, bulky pattern.
Mega Tweed is made of 97% acrylic and 3% viscose and is considered a super bulky weight, which I absolutely love. This yarn is soft and squishy and will be amazing draped around you as a beautiful garment, scarf or cowl. It would also be perfect worked into a winter hat and matching gloves set to keep you nice and warm during the cold winter months. This yarn is so bulky that you can even use two or three strands together for some arm knitting; if you haven't tried this technique yet you'll find it to be quite enjoyable, especially with this yarn.
Coming in over 20 colors you can choose from neutral shades of cream and gray to more vibrant colors like burgundy, honey, mint and grape. I personally really like the merlot color as its bold and would be great for both fall and winter. Each shade has flecks of tweed to add texture and just the right amount of an accent to every project.
I love working with thicker yarns like this as it makes projects work up quickly and they're just so warm and cozy. The quality of the yarn is so amazing that it allows you to machine wash your projects in warm water as well as tumble dry on low in the dryer. A lot of yarns have to be hand washed, so this makes me happy to be able to machine wash it.
If you're wanting to work up a project for the winter then you must get your hands on Mega Tweed. Soft, bulky and all-around luxurious, you fall head over heels.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
"I was looking for the perfect comfort crochet project and I found it! This simple, beginner-friendly (or mindless movie watching)… Continue reading: "Gentle Gradient Ripple Blanket"
Chance to win Shiny + Soft Main Street Yarn!
Chance to win a Jimmy Beans Crochet Project Club Kit!
Chance to Win a Bundle of Bernat Baby Blanket Yarn!
Red Heart Super Saver Yarn + Susan Bates Crochet Hook
Chance to win Landscapes Yarn!
Chance to win Red Heart Dreamy Yarn!
Chance to win Premier Parfait Layers Yarn!
Enter to win Unforgettable Waves Yarn!
Chance to win Premier Sweet Roll Yarn!
Patons Divine Yarn
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Every Little Thing Square
- Giraffe C2C Square - Wildlife Graphghan
- 6 Hour Crochet Blanket
- Twinkling Stars Blanket
- Ice Flower Granny Square
- Deer Stag C2C Square - Wildlife Graphghan
- Fabian's Ombré Baby Blanket
- Botanical Garden Square
- Hexi Askew Square
- Mingle Square
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions