Lion Brand Ice Cream Yarn
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
As I'm 38 weeks pregnant and almost done working up a crochet baby blanket I realize how much I truly love this yarn. When I first started working with it I thought to myself "why didn't they name this cotton candy?" Every time I came to the purple, pink, blue color combo it really did remind me of cotton candy. Lo and behold, that's the name! Silly me, pregnancy brain really does exist. The colorways of Ice Cream yarn are really neat to watch as your piece works up; you never know what kind of pattern will come out of it, which is why it's so exciting! The yarn is super easy to work with and doesn't fray if you have to rip it out. What I liked about the skein itself is that it was spun in a way that made it easy to pull from. Usually a center pull is what I like best because it causes the least amount of headache, but Ice Cream yarn is easy enough to pull from the skein as it just kind of "falls" off. This yarn truly is great to work up crochet blanket patterns with, especially baby blankets. Aside from Cotton Candy, other colors to choose from are Cookies & Cream, Banana Split, Lemon Swirl (shown above), and Tutti Fruitti just to name a few. Well now I just want to go out and get some ice cream; well done Lion Brand, well done.
- Easy to work with
- Beautiful colorway
- It's exciting to see how the crochet design will turn out since you never know when the color is going to change.
- Although my yarn had the same dye lot number the yellow seemed to be a bit off from one skein to the next. One was more pastel while the other was more bold. However, it still worked nicely with the design.
- You don't know what the crochet pattern is going to look like. If you're very much into symmetry then this yarn is not for you. A large chunk of the crochet baby afghan that I'm working on is purple, blue and pink, but I was able to balance that out once I started a new skein of yarn that then had chunks of the other color combo.
Lion Brand's Ice Cream yarn is definitely one to try at some point in your life. If you're expecting a little one yourself or know someone who is, this yarn and any crochet pattern you might work up will easily make anyone smile from ear to ear. The bright pastel colors add just the right amount of color, and the yarn is soft enough that baby will feel cozy and comfortable.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
"I was looking for the perfect comfort crochet project and I found it! This simple, beginner-friendly (or mindless movie watching)… Continue reading: "Gentle Gradient Ripple Blanket"
Chance to win Shiny + Soft Main Street Yarn!
Chance to win a Jimmy Beans Crochet Project Club Kit!
Chance to Win a Bundle of Bernat Baby Blanket Yarn!
Red Heart Super Saver Yarn + Susan Bates Crochet Hook
Chance to win Landscapes Yarn!
Chance to win Red Heart Dreamy Yarn!
Chance to win Premier Parfait Layers Yarn!
Enter to win Unforgettable Waves Yarn!
Chance to win Premier Sweet Roll Yarn!
Patons Divine Yarn
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Every Little Thing Square
- Giraffe C2C Square - Wildlife Graphghan
- 6 Hour Crochet Blanket
- Twinkling Stars Blanket
- Ice Flower Granny Square
- Deer Stag C2C Square - Wildlife Graphghan
- Fabian's Ombré Baby Blanket
- Botanical Garden Square
- Hexi Askew Square
- Mingle Square
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions