Bernat Softee Baby Chunky Yarn
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
As I find myself standing in the yarn aisle, I am literally staring blankly trying to figure out what yarn I want to get. I always have multiple crochet baby patterns in mind when looking for yarn, but I never have a color palette decided before entering the store. Another thing I struggle with is what type of yarn to go with for each project. If I make a blanket for winter, I would want something big and bulky, yet a fine weight yarn would look beautiful in a fun color scheme. Sure enough, since the fall season is here my eye is drawn toward a chunky yarn, Bernat Softee Baby Chunky.
Yarnspirations is constantly coming out with beautiful new yarn lines and this one is fabulous. Softee Baby Chunky is 100% acrylic and soft to the touch. Because it's a bulky weight yarn, it's easy to work with and works up quickly. The size of the skein varies depending if it's a solid or a variegated; solids are 5 oz and variegated are 4.25 oz. You can machine wash and dry your project when using this yarn.
Now I know what you're thinking: "I'm still standing in the aisle without a clue of what color to pick." I'm not going to be very helpful here, but I will tell you Softee Baby Chunky comes in a wide variety of colors including: Buttercup, Indigo, You Go Girl, Beach Baby, Jungle Jive, Tutu Pink, Surf Green, Pattycake, Candy Apple Red, and Dragon Green just to name a few. With names like these it's no wonder you should make this yarn your next favorite.
Sign up for the Yarnspirations newsletter and get 15% off your first purchase!
Make this crochet blanket with Bernat Softee baby Chunky:
Who would you make a blanket for?
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
When the Christmas bells start ringing, you'll want to have a cozy crochet afghan to keep you warm. The Old Fashioned Evergreen… Continue reading: "Old Fashioned Evergreen Crochet Blanket Pattern"
- Lion Brand Zaps Yarn
- Red Heart Classic Yarn
- Cutie Pie Yarn
- Chance to win Premier Sweet Roll Yarn!
- Chance to win Premier Parfait Layers Yarn!
- Polymer Clay Covered Crochet Hooks
- Enter to win a set of Furls Crochet Candy Shop Hooks!
- Chance to win Paintbox Yarns Baby DK Yarn!
- Chance to Win a Bundle of Pehorka Australian Merino Luxury Yarn!
- Red Heart Amore Yarn
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions