Red Heart Comfort Yarn
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Never in my wildest dreams did I believe I was going to be a crochet enthusiast. Typically when people talk about crochet they picture Grandmas who crochet for their grandkids, but that's changing. Now crochet skills are seen in younger people in their teens and even school-age. I've only known how to crochet for about seven years now, and I've seen a lot of yarns out there, but I recently encountered Red Heart Comfort Yarn and boy was I stoked.
When I received this yarn I couldn't help but laugh out loud. I didn't realize how big the skein actually was, but I'm pretty sure it's the biggest skein I've ever seen. I'm talking the size of a basketball or soccer ball; it contains 867 yards and weighs 16 oz. Your typical skein of yarn is usually around five or seven ounces; this is more than double!
Comfort Yarn is a 100% acrylic worsted weight yarn that is perfect for working up knit patterns or crochet patterns. Because so much yarn comes in one skein it's perfect to make crochet afghans with; you'll only need a few skeins. The texture is a bit rough like Red Heart Super Saver, so I personally wouldn't use this for baby patterns. This yarn comes in a variety of colors ranging in both solids and prints. A few of my favorites are Happy Prints, Emerald, Mints Prints, Peacock, and Shocking Pink. Combining a few of the solid colors would make a fun design, but also using one color for an entire blanket would look amazing.
The name of this yarn line speaks volumes as you truly will feel comforted when working up a pattern. And of course once your project is complete, you'll want to make something all over again.
Have you ever crocheted with such a larn skein of yarn? Answer below and let us know what kind.
Read NextFurls Crochet Candy Shop Hook Review
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Enter to win a set of Furls Crochet Candy Shop Hooks!
- Win Lion Brand Ice Cream Yarn!
- Enter to win Caron Simply Soft Yarn!
- Chance to win the Three Irish Girls Mini Skein Set!
- Bernat Mega Bulky Yarn
- Chance to Win a Bundle of Bernat Baby Blanket Yarn!
- Chance to win Premier Parfait Layers Yarn!
- Chance to win Red Heart Dreamy Yarn!
- Stitch Nation by Debbie Stoller Full o' Sheep
- Patons Divine Yarn
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Mandala Chevron Blanket
- Crochet Round Table Top// Hand Made Circular Tablemat
- Pretty Ladies Fashion Shawl/scarf/ Triangle Pattern Woman Scarf
- Crossroads Crochet Blanket
- Boo The Crochet Ghost Solid Granny Square
- Orchid Baby Blanket
- How To Crochet Drop Leaf Table Runner
- Super Easy And Quick Crochet Blanket Pattern With One Row Repeat
- Candy Floss Blanket
- Crochet Diagonal Raised Stitch Blanket
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions