8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- see all comments
"Is there any way to get a written pattern?"
"I did find a great video explaining how to read the chart and directions. https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oumKr2eA Cant wait to start this project!"
"Wheres the pattern? The link takes you to a page that saids its been moved."
"May try to do in the future."
Laurel Green Shells Throw
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Click here to view your crochet patterns.
If you enjoy crocheting the shell stitch, you are going to love this relaxing Laurel Green Shells Throw. With "Medium Thyme", "Frosty Green" and "Soft White" rows, this free crochet throw pattern is a breathtaking beauty. The soft green shades paired with the white make this crochet afghan neutral enough to work with most decor. The shell pattern is also visually appealing and gives you some excitement while crocheting up this throw. Make this as a lapghan for yourself or to drape over the chair for some subtle color in your living room.
Crochet HookJ/10 or 6 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge1 Shell plus 1 sc = 3”; Rows 1-5 = 3½”. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size hook to obtain the gauge.
Finished Size47" x 59"
- RED HEART® Super Saver®: 3 skeins each 406 Med Thyme A, 661 Frosty Green B, and 316 Soft White C
- Crochet Hook: 6mm [U.S. J-10]
- Yarn needle
With A, ch 152.
Row 1 (Wrong Side): Sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across; turn – 151 sc.
Row 2 (Right Side): Ch 1, sc in first sc, * skip next 4 sc; 9 dtr in next sc – shell made; skip next 4 sc, sc in next sc; repeat from * across, changing to B in last sc; turn.
Row 3: With B, ch 5 (counts as a tr and ch-1 space), 2 tr in first sc, * ch 2, skip 4 dtr, sc in next dtr, ch 2, skip 4 dtr **, (2 tr, ch 1, 2 tr) all in next sc; repeat from * to last sc, end at **; (2 tr, ch 1, tr) all in last sc; turn.
Row 4: Ch 5 (counts as a dtr), 4 dtr in ch-1 space, sc in next sc, * shell in next ch-1 space, sc in next sc; repeat from * to last space; 4 dtr in ch-1 space, dtr in 4th ch of ch-5 changing to C; turn.
Row 5: With C, ch 1, sc in first dtr, * ch 2, skip 4 dtr, (2 tr, ch 1, 2 tr) all in next sc, ch 2, skip 4 dtr, sc in next dtr; repeat from * across working last sc in top of ch-5; turn.
Row 6: Ch 1, sc in first sc, * shell in next ch-1 space, sc in next sc; repeat from * across changing to A in last sc; turn.
Repeat Rows 3-6 for pattern, working color sequence of [2 rows A, 2 rows B, 2 rows C] 12 times, then 1 more row A (wrong side); now turn and work Edging around all edges: With A, ch 1, sc evenly around, increasing at corners to keep work flat; join to first sc. Fasten off. With right side facing, attach B and work 1 round sc, increasing at corners as before; join. Fasten off. Repeat last round with C, then again with A. Weave in ends.
- A, B, C
- Color A, Color B, Color C
- double crochet
- double treble crochet
- single crochet
- treble crochet
- repeat whatever follows the * as indicated
- [ ]
- work directions in brackets the number of times specified
Find even more soft and sweet free afghan patterns in "7 Springtime Afghans" eBook
Read NextCountry Fields Throw
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Mar 04, 2017
Oh wow, I love the look of this Laurel Green Shells Throw! The long dtr shells look great. I have never done 9 dtr's in one stitch before and wonder how loose I should crochet? I so have to try it one. I like the greens and white colors together, they so remind me of a spring day. I also like that the written pattern is right here on this page and that there is a print tab at top next to the save tab. Thanks! I have printed this one and will be making it. Thank you so much for sharing this free crochet pattern.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Continuous Granny Square Afghan Patternvideocam
This Continuous Granny Square Afghan Pattern is an easy crochet pattern that features the same repeating simple stitch pattern. Worked… Continue reading: "Continuous Granny Square Afghan Patternvideocam"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Agate Beach Chevron Blanket
- Cozy Corners Afghan
- Crochet Moss Stitch Square Blanket Made In The Rounds
- Gia Afghan
- Crochet Tootie Fruity Stroller Blanket
- Four Colour Baby Blanket
- Jennifer E Ryan
- Ombre Bubble Baby Blanket
- Colorida Hammock Blanket
- Sunrise Stripes Baby Blanket
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions