How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- see all comments
"I did find a great video explaining how to read the chart and directions. https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oumKr2eA Cant wait to start this project!"
"Wheres the pattern? The link takes you to a page that saids its been moved."
"May try to do in the future."
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Click here to view your crochet patterns.
"The Flame Square is full of post stitches and awesome texture! Grab your "I" hook and Vanna's choice yarn in these firey colors and create this bright square for yourself. This square would also look wonderful in one solid color. Make several in each of 3 or 4 neutral colors and join them into a unisex blanket sure to wrap anyone in love! I have included a link for a post st tutorial (along with links for tutorials for most of the other sts) and a chart to help you along."
Crochet HookI/9 or 5.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge13 sts and 6.5 rows makes a 4" square in double crochet
Finished Size12 inch square
Read NextPrince Protea Crochet Granny Square
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Jun 16, 2017
I like this square a lot. The pack post stitches create the ridges that give the square a nice 3D look. It is simple to make, but beginners may want to practice the back post stitches before taking it on. The designer provides a tutorial (with video) for those wanting to learn how to make them. My finished square was 12 inches.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Make it Quick Afghanvideocam
Short on time and need some quick crochet patterns? The Make it Quick Afghan from Bernat is an easy crochet pattern that you will… Continue reading: "Make it Quick Afghanvideocam"
- Prince Protea Crochet Granny Square
- Reversible Rainbow Burst Square
- Corner To Corner C2c Mini Bean Stitch Square & Rectangle
- Caterpillar Crochet Granny Square
- Stashbuster Crochet Granny Square
- Sophie's Universe Crochet Blanket
- Berrylicious Square
- Flower Pop Granny Square Blanket
- Sunburst Granny Square
- Ruby Hexagon Granny Square
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Quick & Easy: Crochet Throw Pattern
- Beginner Throw (free Crochet Pattern)
- Free Pattern: One Skein Crochet Blanket
- Striped Suzette Stitch Baby Blanket Pattern
- Simple Forgiving Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Crochet Pattern: Modern Throw
- How To: Make A Soft Textured Crochet Blanket
- Easy Crochet Beanie Hat
- Shining Star Crochet Blanket
- Mishelka Blanket
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions