8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Lounge by the sea with this Across the Pond Crochet Pattern! This throw is inspired by the ever relaxing and ebbing waves of the ocean. The unique crochet v-stitch gives this throw a beautiful texture that compliments its bold blue and brown color scheme. If you're looking for crochet blanket patterns for men, this pattern would be a great option! It's gender neutral, so everyone in your family will be fighting to snuggle with it!
Crochet HookJ/10 or 6 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
- RED HEART® Soft®: 3 balls each 1882 Toast A, 4601 Off White B, and 9851 Royal Blue C
- Crochet hook: 6mm [J-10 US]
- Yarn needle
Size: Throw measures 48” wide x 60” long (122 x 152.5 cm)
Gauge: 2 pattern repeats = 5” (12.5 cm) in pattern; 6 rows = 4” (10 cm) in V-st. Note: One pattern repeat consists of one fan and one single crochet. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size hook to obtain the gauge.
Abbreviations: A , B , C = Color A, Color B, Color C, etc.; ch = chain; dc = double crochet; sc = single crochet; sp(s) = space(s); st(s) = stitch(es); ( ) = work directions in parentheses into same st; * = repeat whatever follows the * as indicated.
Special Stitches: dc4tog = [Yarn over, insert hook in next stitch, yarn over and pull up loop, yarn over, draw through 2 loops] 4 times, yarn over, draw through all 5 loops on hook. dc9tog = [Yarn over, insert hook in next stitch, yarn over and pull up loop, yarn over, draw through 2 loops] 9 times, yarn over, draw through all 10 loops on hook. fan = 9 dc in indicated stitch or space. V -st ( V -stitch) = (Dc, ch 1, dc) in indicated stitch or space.
Color Sequence: Work 13 rows with A , *4 rows with B , 12 rows with C , 4 rows with A *, 12 rows with B , 4 rows with C , 12 rows with A ; repeat from * to * once, 13 rows with B.
- Throw is worked back and forth in rows. Color is changed as indicated in color sequence.
- To change color, work last stitch of old color to last yarn over. Yarn over with new color and draw through all loops on hook to complete stitch. Proceed with new color. Cut old color.
THROW: With first color, ch 162.
Row 1 (right side): Working in back bumps, sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across, turn—161 sc.
Row 2: Ch 1, sc in each st, turn. Row 3: Ch 3 (counts as first dc here and throughout), skip first 2 st, *V-st in next st, skip next 2 st; repeat from * to last 3 sts, V-st in next st, skip next st, dc in last st, turn—53 V-sts and 1 dc at each end.
Row 13: Ch 1, sc in first st, *skip next 3 sts, fan in next st, skip next 3 sts, sc in next st; repeat from * across, sc in top of beginning ch, change to next color, turn—21 sc and 20 fans.
Row 14: Ch 3, dc4tog, *ch 3, sc in next st, ch 3, dc9tog; repeat from * 19 times, ch 3, sc in next st, ch 3, dc4tog, dc in top of beginning ch, turn—20 sc and 23 dc.
Row 15: Ch 3, 4 dc in same st, sc in next sc, *fan in next st, sc in next st; repeat from * 19 times, 4 dc in next st, dc in top of beginning ch, turn—20 sc, 19 fans, and 10 dc.
Row 16: Ch 1, sc in first st, *ch 3, dc9tog, ch 3, sc in next st; repeat from * across working last sc in top of beginning ch, turn—21 sc and 20 dc.
Row 17: Repeat Row 13; change to next color in last st. Row 18: Repeat Row 14.
Row 18: Repeat Row 14.
Row 19: Ch 1, sc in first 2 sts, 2 sc in first ch-3 space, sc in next st, *3 sc in next ch-3 space, sc in next st; repeat from * across to last ch-3 space, 2 sc in last ch-3 space, sc in last st, sc in top of beginning ch—161 sc. Rows 20–28: Repeat Row 4 nine times. Rows 29–92: Repeat Rows 13–28 four times. Rows 93 and 94: Ch 1, sc in each st, turn. Fasten off.
FINISHING: Weave in ends.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Starry Nights Throw Pattern
Irresistibly Cozy Double Woven Throw
Alaskan Blue Tunisian Crochet Blanket
14 More Bulky Crochet Afghan Patterns
Weekend Weather Afghan Pattern
Super Cozy Crochet Puff Stitch Blanket
Magical Butterfly Throw
Across the Pond Crochet Pattern
6 Hours or Less Throw
Duchess of Cambridge Crochet Blanket
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- 10 Crochet Applique Patterns
- Red Heart Hygge Yarn
- How To Get Stains Out of Crochet
- Premier Mega Tweed Yarn
- Happy Little Tree Blanket
- Let it Go Blanket
- Good Vibes Crochet Blanket
- 14 More Bulky Crochet Afghan Patterns
- 33 Quick and Easy Crochet Blanket Patterns
- Fidget + Sensory Blanket
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions