- see all comments
"I did find a great video explaining how to read the chart and directions. https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oumKr2eA Cant wait to start this project!"
"Wheres the pattern? The link takes you to a page that saids its been moved."
"May try to do in the future."
Crochet Soft Wave Chevron Throw
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Click here to view your crochet patterns.
Looking for some easy crochet patterns? Try The Crochet Soft Wave Chevron Throw! This chevron crochet pattern evokes the Southwest in both design and color. With super bulky yarn, this free crochet pattern has a comfy, snuggly texture that everyone will love.
Better yet, it doesn't take a long time to crochet. There's nothing about this ripple crochet pattern that you won't like. Take a little time out of your day to make a crochet afghan that will become an instant classic in your home. Give it a shot today.
Crochet HookP/16 or 11.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(6) Super Bulky/Super Chunky (4-11 stitches for 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge6 sts = 4"; 6 rows = 4" in sc. CHECK YOUR CAUGE. Use any size hook to obtain the gauge.
Finished Size58" x 64"
- RED HEART® "Light & Lofty®", 2 skeins each 9376 Wine A and 9312 Onyx B, 5 skeins 9334 Café Au Lait C
- Crochet hook: U.S. Size P/16 [11.5 mm]
- Yarn needle
Row 1 (Right Side): With C, ch 86. Sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across; turn – 85 sts.
Row 2: Ch 1, sc in first st; * hdc in next st, dc in next st, 3 tr in next st, dc in next st, hdc in next st, sc in next st; repeat from * across changing to B in last st; turn – 14 pattern stitches.
Row 3: Ch 1, sc2tog, sc in next 2 sts; * 3 sc in next st, sc in next 2 sts, sc3tog, sc in next 2 sts; repeat from * to last 5 sts, 3 sc in next st, sc in next 2 sts, sc2tog changing to CC; turn – 113 sts.
Row 4: With C repeat Row 3.
Row 5: With A repeat Row 3.
Row 6: With C, ch 1, tr2tog over first 2 sts; * dc in next st, hdc in next st, sc in next st, hdc in next st, dc in next st, tr3tog; repeat from * to last 7 sts, dc in next st, hdc in next st, sc in next st, hdc in next st, dc in next st, tr2tog; turn.
Row 7: Ch 1, sc in each st across, changing to B in last st; turn – 85 sc.
Row 8: Ch 1, sc in each st across, changing to C in last st.
Row 9: Ch 1, sc in each sc across.
Row 10: With A repeat Row 8.
Row 11: Repeat Row 9.
Row 12: With B, sc in first st, * hdc in next st, dc in next st, 3 tr in next st, dc in next st, hdc in next st, sc in next st; repeat from * across, changing to C in last st; turn.
Row 13: Repeat Row 3.
Row 14: With A repeat Row 6.
Row 15: With C, ch 1, sc in each st across; turn – 85 sc.
Rows 16-19: Repeat Rows 8-11.
Rows 20-73: Repeat Rows 2-19.
Rows 74-79: Repeat Row 2-7.
Looking for more? Be sure to download your copy of Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghan Patterns for Men and Boys free eBook
Read NextDancing Waters Crochet Blanket
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Apr 18, 2018
Love this chevron throw. I love the play of colors and the maroon/off white combination is just so beautiful. I can feel that soft feel of the throw. Perfect for daughter's dorm bed, for her bed at home or just a throw on the living sofa. Cheers!
reginamcbride 7844 606
Dec 11, 2017
The photo looks appealing but I would need to see the actual pattern and detail before I would commit to it.. Common problem with these patterns..
Jul 03, 2017
Thank you for your input, readers! We will update the skill level to easy. - Krista, Editor
Jul 02, 2017
not a beginner pattern. Nice for an experienced easy
Jan 18, 2016
It's beautiful but not a beginner pattern at all. It's an easy. I'm almost done with mine. I used a 5 because I didn't have any 6. It's warm and cozy.
Dec 12, 2016
Can you please post a picture when you are done? I would love to see the pattern in it's entirety. As others have also commented asking for a better photo. From what I can see, it reminds me of a winter sweater pattern. I think I would really enjoy this pattern. Bulky yarn is fun to work with.
kathydobbins 09673 49
Jan 18, 2016
While this looks really interesting, the photo is a little blurry and the afghan is so folded that the pattern is hard to see. Wish I could get a better look at it !
Sep 11, 2015
sorry meant multiple of 6 2?
Sep 11, 2015
Is the multiple chn for this pattern is 62? I'd like to make a bigger size afghan.
Nov 23, 2014
Hmm, no positive comments at all. Well, I think it's a beautiful pattern, and I plan to start it right after Christmas.
Nov 04, 2012
I dont see how this pattern can be called a beginner pattern.
patriciaweiser 087 6500
Apr 30, 2012
And why so many steps to get to the pattern? A single link, please!
Nov 04, 2011
looking for solid color chevron patters. not multi colored
Dec 15, 2011
You might be interested in this stitch, it's not specifically a chevron but it does have slanted stitches and makes a very nice fabric in a solid color yarn. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeMEe7nRS5w
divirgiliol 336535 9
Aug 09, 2011
Why don't they spread the afghan flat so the pattern shows in detail?
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Make it Quick Afghanvideocam
Short on time and need some quick crochet patterns? The Make it Quick Afghan from Bernat is an easy crochet pattern that you will… Continue reading: "Make it Quick Afghanvideocam"
- Dancing Waters Crochet Blanket
- Easy Everyday Crochet Blanket
- Gentle Gradient Ripple Blanket
- Lacy V-stitch Ripple Afghan
- Double V-Stitch Ripple Blanket
- Long Shell Chevron Stitch
- Shell and V stitch Ripple Afghan
- Sea Breeze Chevron Afghan
- Mystic Jade Ripple Throw
- White Chocolate Strawberry Double Shell Ripple
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Quick & Easy: Crochet Throw Pattern
- Beginner Throw (free Crochet Pattern)
- Free Pattern: One Skein Crochet Blanket
- Striped Suzette Stitch Baby Blanket Pattern
- Simple Forgiving Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Crochet Pattern: Modern Throw
- How To: Make A Soft Textured Crochet Blanket
- Easy Crochet Beanie Hat
- Shining Star Crochet Blanket
- Mishelka Blanket
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions