Recycled Silk Sari Ribbon Yarn
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Recycled Silk Sari Ribbon Yarn is a very unique yarn from Darn Good Yarn. It is made from recycled vintage silk sari pieces. This gorgeous recycled yarn was designed with artists in mind that express themselves though their textile arts. If you like crafting with up-cycled pieces, then this yarn is right up your alley!
To make this unique recycled yarn, women in fair trade co-ops collect pieces of vintage recycled silk saris. They are hand torn to widths of about a quarter inch, and then sewn together end-to-end. The result is this stunning, exotic ribbon yarn. Each skein measures 100g long and contains about 180 feet of vintage sari ribbon.
This yarn is available in a wide variety of beautiful colors. Although it may appear delicate, it is really quite durable. It can be used to crochet or knit anything from afghans to bags and rugs! Can you imagine walking on a sari silk rug? How luxurious! This yarn is available in a wide variety of beautiful colors.
Darn Good Yarn prides itself on providing you with fairly traded and child labor free yarns. Business decisions are based on these principles — all of their yarn is made from recycled and Earth friendly materials and much of it is created from the colorful remnants of the production of silk saris in Nepal and Northern India. These materials are handspun and dyed by women’s groups in Nepal. Darn Good Yarn provides these women with a marketplace for the products, as well as much needed wages for their families.
For more information on Darn Good Yarn, check out their company profile here.
Read NextBest Darn Yarn Tenders
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Best Darn Yarn Tenders
- Enter to win a set of Furls Crochet Candy Shop Hooks!
- Everything Mary Folding Knitting Caddy
- Enter to Win the Cozy Heartland Yarn Bundle!
- Bernat Mega Bulky Yarn
- Patons Divine Yarn
- Win Lion Brand Ice Cream Yarn!
- Enter to win Billie Jean Denim Yarn!
- Chance to win Red Heart Dreamy Yarn!
- Chance to win Paintbox Yarns Baby DK Yarn!
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Super Easy Crochet Cluster Bunch Blanket
- How To Make A Single Crochet Solid Triangle
- Double Crochet Solid Triangle Pattern In The Rounds
- Solid Double Crochet Mitered Square With No Gaps
- Crochet Ridged Rainbow Ripple Blanket
- Single Crochet Solid Hexagon
- Little Waves Section
- Parallels Section
- Beehive Stitch Section
- Peek-a-boo Section
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions