Prayer Shawls for Charity Drive 2018
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
AllFreeCrochet and AllFreeKnitting love making a difference through knit and crochet, as do we, their friends at AllFreeCrochetAfghanPatterns! We’ve hosted a number of different charity drives in the past, and we are excited to announce our next charity initiative -- Prayer Shawls for Rush University Medical Center in Chicago, IL!
We will be collecting your prayer shawls to donate to Rush from October 1st to November 15th, 2018.
Send Your Completed Shawls to:
Prime Publishing, LLC
Attn: Prayer Shawls for Charity
3400 Dundee Road, Ste 220
Northbrook, IL 60062
Share Your Progress: We'd love to see how your shawls are coming along. Post your progress on social media with the hashtag #YarnItForward!
By crocheting or knitting a prayer shawl for someone in need, you will be helping provide a bit of comfort to those who need it most. The shawls provide patients with warmth and a comforting embrace during difficult times. It lets them know that someone cares and it gives them hope of recovery and peace.
Something so simple can be the brightest thing that has happened to the patient in some time, as many have often driven from great distances for treatment and have nothing comforting from home with them.
That's where you come in, knitters and crocheters!
We need your help in providing patients at Rush with knit and crochet prayer shawls. Whether you work up a quick and simple one-color shawl or channel all the brightness of a rainbow into your design, think warm thoughts of peace and hope while you do it. Once you finish your design, send it over to us! We'll be collecting all of your knit and crochet shawls to donate.
Click here for more info!
Which shawl did you hook for someone in need of warmth and comfort?
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
The Double V-Stitch Ripple Blanket looks like it has arrows throughout the pattern. With a lace-like design, this ripple crochet… Continue reading: "Double V-Stitch Ripple Blanket"
- Where To Donate Blankets
- Fidget + Sensory Blanket
- Soulful Sierra Security Blanket
- School Night Child's Blanket
- Little Brother/Little Sister Security Blanket
- Security Blankets Charity Drive 2018
- Cancer Support Lap Blankets
- ASPCA: The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
- Project Linus
- Newborns in Need
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Small Crochet Squares
- Sleepy Blocks Blankie
- Primrose st. Ombre Baby Blanket
- Brick Ombre Baby Blanket
- Elephant C2C Square
- Expression Fiber Arts Sparkle DK Yarn
- Geometric Lace Blanket
- Gemma Blanket
- Island Wildflower Blanket
- Gumball Blanket
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions