This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
"The Peek-a-boo Section uses simple stitch combinations to create small eyelets. This pattern is part of the Sectional Blanket Crochet Along, a mystery crochet along for a throw blanket crocheted in 7″ x 9″ (18 cm x 23 cm) sections, the size preferred by our charity partner, Warm Up America. New clues will be released on Fridays through December 16, 2022. Skills Used: Basic crochet stitches: chain, double crochet, single crochet, slip stitch Crocheting flat in rows, crocheting in the round Crocheting in back loops only (includes link to video tutorial) Crocheting in chain spaces (includes video tutorial)"
Crochet HookI/9 or 5.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge20 dc = 6″ (15 cm) across. Exact gauge is not critical for this project.
Finished Size7″ x 9″ (18 cm x 23 cm)
Worsted yarn (100% acrylic, 3 oz/100 g, 218 yd/200 m): 18 skeins in your choice of colors, or approximately 3,750 yards/3,429 meters in any medium weight yarn for the entire blanket.
I am using the following colors for my version:
Color A/28437 Marina,
Color B/29246 Tidal Speckle,
Color C/28454 Tranquil,
Color D/29247 Snow Day Speckle,
Color E/28422 Cornflower,
Color F/28419 Clarity, and
Color G/28451 Sky
- US Size I-9/5.5 mm crochet hook, or size that matches gauge or you prefer using with medium weight yarn
- Locking stitch marker set (optional, but helpful for marking the front and holding pieces together for seaming)
- Bent-tip yarn needle
Read NextSchool Night Child's Blanket
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
We all see baby girls as princesses, so give yours the royal treatment with Princess Charlotte's Christening Crochet Blanket. It's a… Continue reading: "Princess Charlotte's Christening Crochet Blanket"
- Peek-a-boo Section
- School Night Child's Blanket
- Little Brother/Little Sister Security Blanket
- Long Double Crochet Stitch Granny Square
- Fidget + Sensory Blanket
- Where To Donate Blankets
- Cancer Support Lap Blankets
- Prayer Shawls for Charity Drive 2019
- Security Blankets Charity Drive 2018
- Project Linus
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Super Easy Crochet Cluster Bunch Blanket
- How To Make A Single Crochet Solid Triangle
- Double Crochet Solid Triangle Pattern In The Rounds
- Solid Double Crochet Mitered Square With No Gaps
- Crochet Ridged Rainbow Ripple Blanket
- Single Crochet Solid Hexagon
- Little Waves Section
- Parallels Section
- Beehive Stitch Section
- Peek-a-boo Section
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions