Bridge and Beyond
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Bridge and Beyond is starting its 4th year of collecting and distributing knitted and crocheted items (hats, scarves, mittens, slippers and squares during certain months), to two family shelters, one ladies shelter, one man's shelter, school children in need, a group of adults truly living outdoors. We call them bridge folks (they really live under bridges). There are two free clinics that take care of mothers and children in desperate circumstance, a soup kitchen that feeds hundreds daily, and a group out of the county also in need through a volunteer I met. All items are hand delivered. Everything is 100% voluntary and no one receives compensation. We collect all year long and distribute about 8-9 months of the year...depending on weather.
All donations are photographed and tallied daily on the blog.
We would love your help with any knit and crochet items you can provide.
Read more information about how you can help!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions