8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- see all comments
"I did find a great video explaining how to read the chart and directions. https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oumKr2eA Cant wait to start this project!"
"Wheres the pattern? The link takes you to a page that saids its been moved."
"May try to do in the future."
Christmas Morning Easy Crochet Blanket
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Click here to view your crochet patterns.
One of the best things about Christmas morning is cozying up around the Christmas tree with a cup of cocoa. The Christmas Morning Easy Crochet Blanket only makes you cozier as a Christmas crochet delight. This blanket uses a different design in each colored stripe, from bobbles to V-stitch, making a whimsical and fun overall afghan pattern. Plus, the blanket is edged with puffy pompoms, which only makes it more adorable. Enjoy Christmas morning even more this year under the cozy warmth of this crochet blanket.
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge17 dc = 5" (12.5 cm); 8 dc rows = 5" (12.5 cm)
Finished Size45 x 55" (114.5 x 140 cm)
- RED HEART® Super Saver®: 4 skeins 319 Cherry Red A, 2 skeins 512 Turqua B, 1 skein each 672 Spring Green C, 706 Perfect Pink D, 316 Soft White E and 718 Shocking Pink F
- Susan Bates® Crochet Hook: 5 mm [US H-8]
- Susan Bates® Easy Pom Pon Maker, 1¾" (4.5 cm) diameter
- Yarn needle
For more fun Christmas afghans, check out this collection!
NOTE: To change color, work last stitch of old color to last yarn over. Yarn over with new color and draw through all loops on hook to complete stitch. Proceed with new color, fasten off old color.
With B, ch 141.
Row 1 (right side): Sc in second ch from hook and each ch across, turn – 140 sc.
Row 2: With A, ch 3 (counts as 1 dc here and throughout), dc in each sc across, turn.
Row 3: Ch 3, dc in each dc across, turn.
Row 4: With C, ch 1, sc in first dc, [ch 1, skip next dc, sc in next dc] 69 times, sc in last dc, turn.
Row 5: With D, ch 1, sc in first sc, ch 1, skip next sc, [sc in next ch-1 space, ch 1, skip next sc] 68 times, sc in last ch-1 space and in last sc, turn.
Row 6: With C, repeat Row 5.
Row 7: With D, repeat Row 5.
Row 8: With C, repeat Row 5.
Row 9: With A, ch 3, dc in each sc and ch-1 space across, turn – 140 dc.
Row 10: Ch 3, dc in each dc across, turn.
Row 11: With E, ch 1, sc in each dc across, turn.
Row 12: Ch 3, skip first 2 sc, V-st in next sc, skip next sc, dc in next sc, [skip next sc, V-st in next sc, skip next sc, dc in next sc] 33 times, skip next sc, dc in next sc, ch 1, dc in last sc, turn.
Row 13: Ch 3, dc in next ch 1 space, [skip next dc, V-st in next dc, dc in next ch-1 space] 34 times, dc in each of last 2 dc, turn.
Row 14: Ch 1, sc in each dc and ch 1 space across, turn – 140 sc.
Row 15: With A, ch 3, dc in each sc across, turn.
Row 16: Ch 3, dc in each dc across, turn.
Row 17: With F, ch 1, sc in each dc across, turn.
Row 18: Ch 1, sc in each sc across, turn.
Row 19: With B, ch 1, sc in each of first 2 sc, [bobble in next sc, sc in each of next 4 sc] 27 times, bobble in next sc, sc in each of last 2 sc, turn.
Row 20: With F, ch 1, sc in each sc and bobble across, turn – 140 sc.
Row 21: Ch 1, sc in each sc across, turn.
Rows 22 and 23: With A, repeat Rows 2 and 3.
Row 24: With D, repeat Row 4.
Row 25: With C, repeat Row 5.
Row 26: With D, repeat Row 5.
Row 27: With C, repeat Row 5.
Row 28: With D, repeat Row 5.
Rows 29 and 30: With A, repeat Rows 9 and 10.
Rows 31-34: With E, repeat Rows 11-14.
Rows 35 and 36: With A, repeat Rows 15 and 16.
Rows 37 and 38: With B, repeat Rows 17 and 18.
Row 39: With F, repeat Row 19.
Rows 40 and 41: With B, repeat Rows 20 and 21.
Rows 42–136: Repeat Rows 2–41 twice, then repeat Rows 2–16 only once more.
Row 137: With B, ch 1, sc in each dc across, do not turn – 140 sc.
Rotate throw so you are ready to work down left side edge.
Round 1 (right side): With A, ch 3, dc last sc made, work 5 dc in each color E section and 4 dc in each other color section, working in unused loop of foundation ch, 3 dc in first st, dc in each of next 138 sts, 3 dc in last st, work second side edge same as first side edge, 3 dc in first sc of Row 137, dc in each of next 138 sc, dc in same st as first dc of round, join with slip st to top of beginning ch 3.
Rounds 2 and 3: Ch 3, dc in same st as joining slip st, [dc in each dc corner dc, 3 dc in corner dc] 3 times, dc in each dc to end, dc in same st as first dc of round, join with slip st to top of beginning ch-3.
Round 4: With B, ch 1, 3 sc in same st as joining slip st, [sc in each dc to corner dc, 3 sc in corner dc] 3 times, sc in each dc to end, join with slip st in first sc. Fasten off.
Make 14 pom pons with A and B held together. Sew 7 each, evenly spaced, to short edges of Throw.
Weave in all loose ends.
- V-stitch (V-st)
- (Dc, ch 1, dc) in indicated st.
- Yarn over, pull up a loop in indicated st, yarn over and draw through 2 loops on hook, (yarn over and pull up a loop in same st, yarn over and draw through 2 loops on hook) 3 times, yarn over and draw through all 5 loops on hook. Push bobble to right side of fabric.
- A, B, C
- Color A, Color B, Color C, etc
- double crochet
- single crochet
- [ ]
- work directions in brackets the number of times specified
- * or **
- repeat whatever follows the * or ** as indicated
This free eBook will help you make the perfect Christmas gift for him! Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghan Patterns for Men and Boys free eBook
Do you have a favorite afghan to cuddle under on Christmas morning?
Read NextSnow Bunny Crochet Blanket Pattern
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Aug 20, 2017
Very beautiful blanket, this Christmas Morning Easy Crochet Blanket. You have to start doing this project now if you want to have it by Christmas time. This will make for a wonderful Christmas gift for your mom, sister or good friend. It's gonna be an interesting conversation piece among the ladies that will last a life time. Go ahead, start the project now. You will be happy.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Make it Quick Afghanvideocam
Short on time and need some quick crochet patterns? The Make it Quick Afghan from Bernat is an easy crochet pattern that you will… Continue reading: "Make it Quick Afghanvideocam"
- Snow Bunny Crochet Blanket Pattern
- 17 Snowflake Afghan Patterns
- Christmas Flower Motif Throw
- Christmas Cheer Crochet Afghan
- Make a Joyful Noise Afghan
- Snowflake Afghan Corner to Corner Crochet Pattern
- Snowflake Afghan
- Old Fashioned Evergreen Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Winter Wonderland Afghan and Pillow
- Christmas Spirit Mile a Minute Afghan
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Quick & Easy: Crochet Throw Pattern
- Beginner Throw (free Crochet Pattern)
- Free Pattern: One Skein Crochet Blanket
- Striped Suzette Stitch Baby Blanket Pattern
- Simple Forgiving Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Crochet Pattern: Modern Throw
- How To: Make A Soft Textured Crochet Blanket
- Easy Crochet Beanie Hat
- Shining Star Crochet Blanket
- Mishelka Blanket
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions