8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- see all comments
"I did find a great video explaining how to read the chart and directions. https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oumKr2eA Cant wait to start this project!"
"Wheres the pattern? The link takes you to a page that saids its been moved."
"May try to do in the future."
Snowflake Afghan Corner to Corner Crochet Pattern
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Click here to view your crochet patterns.
The Snowflake Afghan Corner to Corner Crochet Pattern has a vintage look with its traditional Christmas pattern and use of two contrasting colors. This blanket is a beautiful addition to your winter décor, and the design is fun to make with its corner to corner pattern. This snowflake afghan will be the perfect thing to cuddle under by the Christmas tree this holiday season, because you will be warm and endlessly cozy. Start making this afghan now as a lovely Christmas gift, either for yourself or for a friend!
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeRows 1-11 = 6" (15 cm) across straight edge.
Finished SizeBlanket measures 50 x 43" (127 x 109 cm)
- RED HEART® Super Saver®: 7 skeins 319 Cherry Red A, 6 skeins 311 white B
- Susan Bates® Crochet Hook: 5 mm [US H-8]
- Yarn needle
Looking for more Christmas afghan patterns? Look no further!
1. Blanket is worked in a diagonal from corner to corner.
2. All right side (odd numbered rows) are worked from top right to bottom left, and all wrong side (even numbered rows) are worked from bottom left to top right.
3. Change colors on the last yarn-over of the last st of the square to the next color indicated by chart.
4. There will be many yarn ends to weave in; you may want to weave some in as you go.
With A, ch 6
Row 1 (right side): Skip 3 ch, hdc in 4th ch from hook and in each of 2 remaining ch, turn – 1 square made.
Row 2 (wrong side): Ch 6, skip 3 ch, hdc in 4th ch from hook and in each of next 2 ch, (sc, ch 3, 3 hdc) in ch-3 space of Row 1, turn – 2 squares.
Row 3: Ch 6, skip 3 ch, hdc in 4th ch from hook and in each of next 2 ch, (sc, ch 3, 3 hdc) in each ch-3 space of previous row, turn – 3 squares.
Rows 4-75: Repeat Row 3, changing colors as indicated by chart, turn – 75 squares across last row.
Row 76: Ch 6, skip 3 ch, hdc in 4th ch from hook and in each of next 2 ch, (sc, ch 3, 3 hdc) in each ch-3 space to last space changing colors as indicated by chart, sc in last space, turn – 75 squares.
Row 77: Slip st in each of first 3 sts, (sc, ch 3, 3 hdc) in each ch-3 space of previous row changing colors as indicated by chart, including last space, turn – 75 squares.
Rows 78-87: Repeat Rows 76 and 77 five more times.
Row 88: Slip st in each of first 3 sts, (sc, ch 3, 3 hdc) in each ch-3 space of previous row to last space changing colors as indicated by chart, slip st in last space, turn – 74 squares.
Rows 89-161: Repeat Row 88, changing colors as indicated by chart – 1 square at end of Row 161.
Weave in remaining loose ends.
- A, B
- Color A, Color B
- half double crochet
- single crochet
- * or **
- repeat whatever follows the * or ** as indicated
This free eBook helps you learn to crochet some great afghan patterns!
8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns free eBook
What's your favorite Christmas tradition?
Read NextSnow Bunny Crochet Blanket Pattern
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Daughter of Light
Nov 29, 2017
This pattern is interesting to me because I was unaware that you could crochet corner to corner! At first glance I thought this was a poinsettia motif but whether you call it a snowflake or a flower it is indeed lovely! I think it would also make up well in a light blue with white for those who prefer a blue Christmas. Oh, I do see that it's an intermediate pattern so I'll definitely keep this one on my "in the future" list. Thanks for this special pattern!
Aug 22, 2017
the Snowflake Afghan Corner to Corner Crochet Pattern has a very traditional look with the snowflake design in two contrasting colors. You wouldn't know the afghan has a corner to corner design unless you look at it closely and you are a veteran crocheter. I love the red shade used here, not too dark and not too light. Great to see this displayed on your sofa on Christmas Day. Very refreshing, it sets the mood for the holiday season.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Make it Quick Afghanvideocam
Short on time and need some quick crochet patterns? The Make it Quick Afghan from Bernat is an easy crochet pattern that you will… Continue reading: "Make it Quick Afghanvideocam"
- Snow Bunny Crochet Blanket Pattern
- 17 Snowflake Afghan Patterns
- Christmas Flower Motif Throw
- Christmas Cheer Crochet Afghan
- Make a Joyful Noise Afghan
- Snowflake Afghan Corner to Corner Crochet Pattern
- Snowflake Afghan
- Old Fashioned Evergreen Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Winter Wonderland Afghan and Pillow
- Christmas Spirit Mile a Minute Afghan
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Quick & Easy: Crochet Throw Pattern
- Beginner Throw (free Crochet Pattern)
- Free Pattern: One Skein Crochet Blanket
- Striped Suzette Stitch Baby Blanket Pattern
- Simple Forgiving Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Crochet Pattern: Modern Throw
- How To: Make A Soft Textured Crochet Blanket
- Easy Crochet Beanie Hat
- Shining Star Crochet Blanket
- Mishelka Blanket
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions