8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
20+ Crochet Christmas Squares for Blankets and More
You'll love adding these crochet Christmas granny squares to your holiday projects!
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Make your holidays even more festive with these 20+ Crochet Christmas Squares for Blankets and More! Sometimes an enormous afghan blanket can seem daunting at first, so it may be best to start out with some smaller Christmas granny crochet squares instead. What’s the best part about these patterns? Many of them are easy to follow and you can crochet them any time. When you have enough squares in your crochet pile, you can join them together to make a wonderful afghan blanket just in time for the holidays.
Snow is falling and the sky is gray, but that doesn’t mean you should be gloomy! Embrace the season with this collection of some of the best Christmas crochet squares. Start with basic red and green squares to get your creative juices flowing. Then you can move onto patterns with holiday imagery. Try mixing and matching these crochet Christmas granny squares to create something that is truly unique. There are so many variations you can make and the results will be spectacular. It’s best to start your Christmas crochet projects nice and early, so there is no time like the present. You can make more than just afghans with these squares, too, including pillows or holiday coasters!
Table of Contents
Are you looking for even more free granny square patterns? We have you covered! Check out How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns free eBook
Festive Crochet Christmas Granny Squares
All of these crochet squares have some sort of holiday design. Take your pick of the fun and festive options. Once you start crocheting these squares, you'll never want Christmas to end! Whether you're planning to make a blanket with an assortment of Christmas-themed granny squares or simply want to include a few squares to give a pop of color to a full-scale project, there's no denying these crochet granny squares will be delightful additions to the holiday spirit.
- Candy Cane SquareRed looks best for this pattern, so try different shades to see which one makes this pattern pop. This cute design is sure to be a hit with the kids.
- Christmas Tree SquareQuick and easy to make, this crochet granny square will be a wonderful addition to any project. If you can't leave a Christmas tree without decorations, then sew on buttons for ornaments to create unique squares.
- Christmas Lights Crochet Granny SquareAdd a bit of whimsy to your next big crochet pattern when you make this delightful crochet granny square. It's definitely a "bright" idea to include this design!
- Christmas Wreath Crochet Granny SquareCan you ever truly have too many Christmas wreaths? If you love the look of the classic holiday wreath, then you'll love this crochet granny square!
- Gingerbread Man Pixel SquareGet out your crochet hook — it's time to make a corner-to-corner pattern! This adorable design is actually an oversized crochet granny square that can be the focal point of a larger project.
- Holiday Wreath SquareWreaths are popular, and this square has a subtle and elegant design. It also uses yarn in green, red, and white, making this a stunning seasonal display.
- Jingle Bell SquareJingle all the way to your perfect afghan with this adorable bell design. This crochet Christmas granny square is a fun way to make a dent in your yarn stash, too!
- Evergreen Wreath SquareYou won't have to throw this pattern away after the season is through; you can use the circle design for other projects, too. This design is the perfect pattern for anyone who is new to crochet.
- Christmas Tree Afghan SquareTriangles are the easiest way to make a tree. If you truly want to give this square a customized look, then try yarn in different colors for the background.
- Have a Pixel Christmas: Santa SquareYou won't be able to stop smiling when you see this jolly granny square! Santa gets a new look in this creative design.
- Cross Afghan SquareThis granny square pattern is typically used in baptismal blankets, but it will definitely be appropriate for a Christmas-themed blanket, too. This design is pure elegance; it's also easy to make!
Crochet Granny Squares in Holiday Colors
Add some festive colors to your crochet projects when you include these granny squares! While you could use yarn in virtually any color to complete these projects, there's something special about using the colors of the season to make the patterns. There are endless possibilities when it comes to making afghans from these square patterns. You can combine a number of different basic colors to create the crochet square designs above.
- Cranberry Christmas Granny SquareCranberry is the perfect shade of red for the season, and this pattern uses it beautifully. This pattern also uses green and white for a truly stunning look.
- With its lace-like look, this design definitely lives up to its name. The breezy design of this square is one that needs to be seen.
- Bonnie's Flower Afghan SquareFeaturing a combination of red and white yarn, this pattern is a great mix of holiday colors in one place. This floral design may seem out of place in a winter-themed project; however, it could also be a reminder that spring will return soon.
- Bright and full of holiday cheer, this granny square is sure to catch your attention. This pattern is for crocheters at the intermediate level, so if you're up for a challenge, then this square is for you!
- Steampunk Gear MotifWho said blankets need to be boring? This pattern will add a little bit of edge to your next design. Consider using it as the focal point for a blanket or shawl!
- Traditional Granny SquareThis elegant and timeless design is one that everyone will treasure. It's also easy to make and won't take look to crochet.
Winter Crochet Granny Square Patterns
You've worked hard on your crochet afghan pattern, so of course you want to get as much use out of it as possible! If you'd like to use your next blanket or throw until the very end of winter, then these crochet granny squares with classic winter themes will be just what you need. From a whimsical snowman design to snowflakes and more, these patterns will be a delightful decorative touch to your home this winter.
- Winter Mittens SquareThe little kitten who lost her mittens would love this crochet square! This adorable design needs to be on your project to-do list. Consider adding a ribbon or a pretty bow to this square for a bit more style.
- Let It Snow Granny SquareWhimsical and beautiful as can be, this crochet granny square pattern will be a wonderful addition to your next crochet blanket. This easy crochet pattern uses yarn in two colors to create a stunning contrast.
- Frosty Flakes Granny Square PatternYou'll love incorporating this granny square in your next big blanket. Consider using yarn in an assortment of colors to make the design really stand out in the project!
- Let It Snow Snowman SquareCapture the spirit and joy of winter with this delightful crochet granny square! This colorful pattern will be a bright and happy addition to your afghan, bag, or even a shawl.
- Winter Star SquareAdding depth and dimension to a crochet pattern is a fun way to add interesting details to the overall design of a blanket. If you've always wanted to add a 3-D look to your projects, then this pattern is a great place to start.
We have even more holiday crochet patterns! Take a look at this collection of 187 Christmas Crochet Afghan Patterns
Which granny square will you crochet for Christmas?
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Snow Bunny Crochet Blanket Pattern
Angel Squares Crochet Afghan
Suzy Snowflake Afghan
Holly Berries Cable Crochet Throw and Pillow
Scandinavian Snowflake Crochet Blanket
17 Snowflake Afghan Patterns
Peppermint Bliss Throw and Pillow
Festive Step Ladder Throw
Christmas Spirit Mile a Minute Afghan
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions