8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
15 Crochet Christmas Squares
By: Nicola Trumbull, editor for AllFreeCrochetAfghanPatterns
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Get ready for the holiday season by crocheting some granny square patterns. Just follow this guide: 15 Crochet Christmas Squares. These free patterns will have you ready for Christmas in no time.
Sometimes afghan patterns can seem daunting at first, so it may be best to start out with some Christmas crochet squares instead. What’s the best part about these square patterns? They are easy to follow and you can crochet them any time. When you have enough, you can join them together to make a wonderfully festive afghan.
Snow is falling and the sky is gray, but that doesn’t mean you should be gloomy! Embrace the season with the best Christmas crochet squares. Start with basic red and green squares to get your creative juices flowing. Then you can move onto patterns with holiday imagery, like the Ho Ho Ho Square. Kids love being able to look at all the different squares you make, and each of these free patterns will inspire holiday spirit.
Try mixing and matching these crochet Christmas squares to create afghans: the Candy Cane Square, Christmas Tree Square, Jingle Bell Square, Evergreen Wreath Square, and the Evergreen Wreath Square all together. There are so many variations you can make and the results will be spectacular.
It’s best to start your Christmas crochet projects nice and early, so there is no time like the present. Make these squares for friends and family as gifts. You can make more than just afghans with these squares too. Try making a matching pillow with a pillow form or a set of holiday coasters.
15 Crochet Christmas Squares
All of these crochet squares have some sort of holiday design. Take your pick of the fun and festive options. Try the Candy Cane Square in red and white yarn, and try all sorts of colors for the Ho Ho Ho Squares. Once you start crocheting these squares, you'll never want Christmas to end!
- Candy Cane Square: Red looks best for this pattern, so try different shades to see which one makes this pattern "pop."
- Christmas Tree Square: This tree is simple and cute. Sew on buttons for ornaments to create unique squares.
- Winter Mittens Square: The little kitten who lost her mittens would love this crochet square!
- Evergreen Wreath Square: You won't have to throw this pattern away after the season is through; you can use the circle design for other projects too.
- Jingle Bell Square: Jingle all the way to your perfect afghan with this adorable bell design.
- Christmas Tree Afghan Square: Triangles are the easiest way to make a tree, try different colors for the background of this square.
- Ho Ho Ho Square: Santa would approve this square pattern, and your kids will too! Leave this square as a coaster for Santa's milk and cookies.
There are endless possibilities when it comes to making afghans from these square patterns. You can combine a number of different basic colors to create the crochet square designs above.
- Cranberry Christmas Granny Square: Cranberry is the perfect color red for the season and this pattern uses it beautifully.
- Cross Afghan Square: Don't forget why we celebrate Christmas. This pattern has a cross design that is important for this season.
- Flower Square: Flowers in December? This flower is red and green like poinsettias.
- Lovely In Green Square: This square uses a truly lovely shade of green, while being light and lacy as well.
- AI Square: Try making red and green versions of this square to unify an afghan.
- Altair Granny Square: Red and white make a striking combination. Be sure to wash your yarn to avoid the white yarn from turning pink.
- Holiday Wreath Square: Wreaths are popular, and this square has a subtle and elegant design.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Snowflake Afghan
- Snow Bunny Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Scandinavian Snowflake Crochet Blanket
- Festive Step Ladder Throw
- Holly Berries Cable Crochet Throw and Pillow
- Suzy Snowflake Afghan
- Let it Snow: 17 Snowflake Crochet Blanket Patterns
- Old Fashioned Evergreen Crochet Blanket Pattern
- 91 Christmas Crochet Afghan Patterns
- Angel Squares Crochet Afghan
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Basket Weave Crochet Stitch Tutorial
- Athleisure Striped Throw
- 25 Colorful Crochet Afghan Patterns: Ripple Stitch
- Semi-Precious Tosh Yarn Subscription
- How to Crochet the Bavarian Square
- Crochet Blanket Patterns: How to Make 14 Lightweight Summer Afghans
- 12 Point Round Ripple
- How to Crochet Star Stitch Tutorial
- Blueberry Waffleghan
- 15 Ravishing Ripple Afghan Patterns