This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Projects
- see all comments
"Is there any way to get a written pattern?"
"I did find a great video explaining how to read the chart and directions. https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oumKr2eA Cant wait to start this project!"
"Wheres the pattern? The link takes you to a page that saids its been moved."
"May try to do in the future."
Traditional Granny Square
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Click here to view your crochet patterns.
"This version of the traditional granny square includes a slight change to the corners that makes edges smoother and color changes easier. This is one of several motifs used in the Classic Granny with a Twist Blanket. Skills Used Basic crochet stitches: chain, double crochet, single crochet, slip stitch Crocheting in the round, increasing, crocheting in chain spaces, skipping stitches Skill Level Easy Finished Size Motif: 6.75” (17 cm) square. Materials Red Heart With Love yarn (100% acrylic, 7 oz/198 g/370 yd/338 m) – 1 skein in 1101 Eggshell, or approximately 50 yd (46 m) in any medium weight yarn. US Size I-9/5.5 mm crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge. Yarn needle. Gauge Motif = 6.75” (17 cm) in pattern. Exact gauge is not critical for this project."
Crochet HookI/9 or 5.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Apr 24, 2018
Wow. Traditional Granny Squares as in just simple straightforward granny squares in plain white. Nothing could be more traditional! So immaculately traditional.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Across the Pond Crochet Pattern
Lounge by the sea with this Across the Pond Crochet Pattern! This throw is inspired by the ever relaxing and ebbing waves of the… Continue reading: "Across the Pond Crochet Pattern"
- Vintage “Crumpets and Tea” Crochet Square
- Pretty in Periwinkle Granny Square Pattern
- Bright Bullseye Granny Square Pattern
- Wattle Stitch Granny Square Pattern
- Lovely Lavender Square
- Optical Illusion Spiral
- English Garden Inspired Granny Square
- Flower Love in 2D Square
- Marvelous Meadow Crochet Granny Square
- Wild Granny Square
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Crochet Moss Stitch Square Blanket Made In The Rounds
- Gia Afghan
- Crochet Tootie Fruity Stroller Blanket
- Four Colour Baby Blanket
- Jennifer E Ryan
- Ombre Bubble Baby Blanket
- Colorida Hammock Blanket
- Sunrise Stripes Baby Blanket
- Staggered Shells Baby Blanket Shawl
- Melissa Throw
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions