8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
Colors of Christmas Afghan
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Get into the holiday mood when you crochet the Colors of Christmas Afghan. With all the stores starting Christmas shopping earlier and earlier, we find it difficult to embrace the holiday when it seems so long away. With this christmas crochet blanket, you can start way before Christmas and still feel a bit jolly because you know you'll definitely be finished with it by the time December 25 rolls around. Keep it for your own cozy fireplace afghan or give it to someone you care about after you're done.
Crochet HookG/6 or 4 mm hook, H/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeWith H hook 4 rows 3
post stitch, shell 1
Finished Size45 in. x 56 in.
Find more Christmas Throws in 16 Red and Green Christmas Crochet Afghans
- RED HEART Classic: 4 skeins 0902 Jockey Red, 2 skeins 0902 Paddy Green
- RED HEART Super Saver: 3 skeins 0311 White
- Crochet Hooks: 4.5 mm (US G-7), 5.0mm (US H-8) or size needed for gauge
- Shell – (2 dc, ch 1, 2 dc) in space or stitch as indicated.
- Large Shell (Lg Shell) – (dc, ch 1, 2 dc, ch 1, dc) in space or stitch as indicated.
- Front Post Double Crochet (FPdc) – yo, insert hook from front to back around post of indicated stitch, yo and pull up a loop (3 loops on hook), (yo and draw through 2 loops) twice.
- Back Post Double Crochet (BPdc) – yo, insert hook from back to front around post of indicated stitch, yo and pull up a loop (3 loops on hook), (yo and draw through 2 loops) twice.
Row 1 (RS): With red and H hook ch 159, Shell in 6th ch from hook, skip 2 chs, *dc in next ch, skip 2 chs, Shell in next ch, skip 2 chs, repeat from * across ending skip 2 chs, dc in last ch, turn.
Row 2: Ch 3, *Shell in ch 1 space of Shell, skip 2 dc, BPdc around the post of the next dc, repeat
from * across ending dc in 3rd ch of turning ch, fasten off and turn.
Row 3: Join green in first stitch, ch 2, *Shell in ch 1 space of Shell, skip 2 dc, FPdc around the post of the next dc, repeat from * across ending dc in 3rd ch of turning ch, turn.
Row 4: Repeat Row 2, fasten off and turn.
Row 5: Join red in first stitch, ch 2, and continue with Row 3.
Row 6: Repeat Row 2, fasten off and turn.
Row 7: Join white in first stitch, ch 2, and continue with Row 3.
Rows 8 – 11: Repeat Rows 2 and 3.
Row 12: Repeat Row 2, fasten off and turn.
Rows 13 –78: Continue pattern of 2 rows red, 2 rows green, 2 rows red, 6 rows white, fasten off
after last row.
Round 1(RS): Work along top edge with white and G hook Lg Shell in first dc, [ch 1, sc in ch 1 space of Shell, ch 1, skip 2 dc, Lg Shell in next dc] across ending ch 1, Lg Shell in last dc, ch 1.
Work along side edge [sc in next dc space, ch 1, Shell in next dc space, ch 1] across ending ch 1, Lg Shell in first dc of bottom edge, ch 1,
Work along bottom edge [sc in ch below Shell, ch 1, Lg Shell in dc, ch 1] across ending ch 1, Lg Shell in last dc, ch 1,
Work along side edge skip 1 dc space, [sc in next dc space, ch 1, Shell in next dc space, ch 1] across ending ch 1, join to beginning dc.
Round 2: Slip stitch in ch 1 space, slip stitch to space between next 2 dc, sc in same space, ch 4, [sc in next sc, ch 3, skip 1 dc and ch 1 space, sc in space between next 2 dc, ch 3] across ending ch 4, skip 1 dc, and ch 1 space, sc in space between next 2 dc of corner Lg Shell, ch 4.
Work along side edge, sc in next sc, ch 3, [sc in ch 1 space of Shell, ch 3, sc in next sc, ch 3] across ch 4. Continue pattern around entire afghan as established ending ch 4, join to beginning sc and fasten off.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Project of the Day
When it comes to easy crochet blanket patterns for fall and winter, nothing screams cozy quite like the Stellar Patchwork Crochet… Continue reading: "Stellar Patchwork Crochet Blanket"
Suzy Snowflake Afghan
Snow Bunny Crochet Blanket Pattern
Old Fashioned Evergreen Crochet Blanket Pattern
Scandinavian Snowflake Crochet Blanket
Retro Ornament Pattern Throw
Austrian Sleigh Crochet Afghan
Christmas Snowflakes Crochet Blanket Pattern
41 Christmas Crochet Afghan Patterns
Christmas Chevron Crochet Pattern
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Bernat Baby Blanket Yarn
- Right Round Square
- "Two Hearts that beat as One" C2C Square
- Grey Wolf C2C Square - Wildlife Graphghan
- Aurora Skies Ribbed Crochet Baby Blanket
- Bahama Waves Baby Blanket
- Arboretum Square
- "Tigris, the Siberian Tiger" - C2C Square - Wildlife Graphghan
- Woolly Sheep C2C Square
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions