8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- see all comments
"I did find a great video explaining how to read the chart and directions. https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oumKr2eA Cant wait to start this project!"
"Wheres the pattern? The link takes you to a page that saids its been moved."
"May try to do in the future."
Colors of Christmas Afghan
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Click here to view your crochet patterns.
Get into the holiday mood when you crochet the Colors of Christmas Afghan. With all the stores starting Christmas shopping earlier and earlier, we find it difficult to embrace the holiday when it seems so long away. With this christmas crochet blanket, you can start way before Christmas and still feel a bit jolly because you know you'll definitely be finished with it by the time December 25 rolls around. Keep it for your own cozy fireplace afghan or give it to someone you care about after you're done.
Crochet HookG/6 or 4 mm hook, H/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeWith H hook 4 rows 3
post stitch, shell 1
Finished Size45 in. x 56 in.
Find more Christmas Throws in 16 Red and Green Christmas Crochet Afghans
- RED HEART Classic: 4 skeins 0902 Jockey Red, 2 skeins 0902 Paddy Green
- RED HEART Super Saver: 3 skeins 0311 White
- Crochet Hooks: 4.5 mm (US G-7), 5.0mm (US H-8) or size needed for gauge
- Shell – (2 dc, ch 1, 2 dc) in space or stitch as indicated.
- Large Shell (Lg Shell) – (dc, ch 1, 2 dc, ch 1, dc) in space or stitch as indicated.
- Front Post Double Crochet (FPdc) – yo, insert hook from front to back around post of indicated stitch, yo and pull up a loop (3 loops on hook), (yo and draw through 2 loops) twice.
- Back Post Double Crochet (BPdc) – yo, insert hook from back to front around post of indicated stitch, yo and pull up a loop (3 loops on hook), (yo and draw through 2 loops) twice.
Row 1 (RS): With red and H hook ch 159, Shell in 6th ch from hook, skip 2 chs, *dc in next ch, skip 2 chs, Shell in next ch, skip 2 chs, repeat from * across ending skip 2 chs, dc in last ch, turn.
Row 2: Ch 3, *Shell in ch 1 space of Shell, skip 2 dc, BPdc around the post of the next dc, repeat
from * across ending dc in 3rd ch of turning ch, fasten off and turn.
Row 3: Join green in first stitch, ch 2, *Shell in ch 1 space of Shell, skip 2 dc, FPdc around the post of the next dc, repeat from * across ending dc in 3rd ch of turning ch, turn.
Row 4: Repeat Row 2, fasten off and turn.
Row 5: Join red in first stitch, ch 2, and continue with Row 3.
Row 6: Repeat Row 2, fasten off and turn.
Row 7: Join white in first stitch, ch 2, and continue with Row 3.
Rows 8 – 11: Repeat Rows 2 and 3.
Row 12: Repeat Row 2, fasten off and turn.
Rows 13 –78: Continue pattern of 2 rows red, 2 rows green, 2 rows red, 6 rows white, fasten off
after last row.
Round 1(RS): Work along top edge with white and G hook Lg Shell in first dc, [ch 1, sc in ch 1 space of Shell, ch 1, skip 2 dc, Lg Shell in next dc] across ending ch 1, Lg Shell in last dc, ch 1.
Work along side edge [sc in next dc space, ch 1, Shell in next dc space, ch 1] across ending ch 1, Lg Shell in first dc of bottom edge, ch 1,
Work along bottom edge [sc in ch below Shell, ch 1, Lg Shell in dc, ch 1] across ending ch 1, Lg Shell in last dc, ch 1,
Work along side edge skip 1 dc space, [sc in next dc space, ch 1, Shell in next dc space, ch 1] across ending ch 1, join to beginning dc.
Round 2: Slip stitch in ch 1 space, slip stitch to space between next 2 dc, sc in same space, ch 4, [sc in next sc, ch 3, skip 1 dc and ch 1 space, sc in space between next 2 dc, ch 3] across ending ch 4, skip 1 dc, and ch 1 space, sc in space between next 2 dc of corner Lg Shell, ch 4.
Work along side edge, sc in next sc, ch 3, [sc in ch 1 space of Shell, ch 3, sc in next sc, ch 3] across ch 4. Continue pattern around entire afghan as established ending ch 4, join to beginning sc and fasten off.
Read NextSnow Bunny Crochet Blanket Pattern
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Sep 15, 2018
For my Christmas accessories and decors at home, I'd like them to be more elaborate and attractive. This afghan does not have the qualities I'm looking for. It is too plain and drab. Sorry.
Sep 24, 2018
This pattern is certainly more for a beginner crocheter or someone looking to just zone out or watch TV while they hook. If you're looking for more advanced, intricate Christmas patterns, we certainly have many of those! This Austrian Sleigh Crochet Afghan pattern is one of my favorites, though it's beyond my hook skills! Perhaps it would suit yours, though. ) Just drop another message or search "Christmas" in our search bar (top left corner of this page) if you'd like more suggestions for more elaborate Christmas afghan patterns. Thanks!
Sep 24, 2018
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Bohemian Lace Afghan
Embrace the lace and try the Bohemian Lace Afghan. Written in 3 different sizes, this lacy crochet pattern is versatile and great for… Continue reading: "Bohemian Lace Afghan"
- Snow Bunny Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Vintage Christmas Poinsettia Throw
- 17 Snowflake Afghan Patterns
- Christmas Cheer Crochet Afghan
- Make a Joyful Noise Afghan
- Old Fashioned Evergreen Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Christmas Flower Motif Throw
- Suzy Snowflake Afghan
- Cozy Yuletide Squares Blanket
- Snowflake Afghan
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- How-to Turn Your Crochet (with Mini Tutorial)
- Textured Crochet Fleece Blanket
- Corner To Corner C2c Mini Bean Stitch Square & Rectangle
- Quick & Easy: Crochet Throw Pattern
- Beginner Throw (free Crochet Pattern)
- Free Pattern: One Skein Crochet Blanket
- Striped Suzette Stitch Baby Blanket Pattern
- Simple Forgiving Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Crochet Pattern: Modern Throw
- How To: Make A Soft Textured Crochet Blanket
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions