Shepherd's Shades Yarn
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Shepherd's Shades Yarn
Reviewed by Arielle Matlin, Editor, AllFreeCrochetAfghanPatterns.com
A fun fact you may not have known about wool is that it absorbs perspiration while resisting water. It keeps you warm, but it allows you to breathe, it's odor-resistant and it can return to its original shape after being distressed. Wool wearables are one of the highest quality garments you can wear, so we must introduce you to Shepherd's Shades from Brown Sheep Company, Inc.
Shepherd's Shades is 100% wool spun with six plies; it's one of the toughest, yet smooth yarns from Brown Sheep. Each color is dyed in a light, medium and dark shade, allowing you to work up gradient patterns. This yarn crochets quickly into fabulous, durable projects like sweaters, afghans and accessories.
This yarn is approximately 131 yards per skein and is mothproofed. What does this mean? Many crocheters fear that moths can get into their yarn supply and destroy it. The solution? Yarn manufacturers make mothproof wool that is chemically treated to repel moths; the chemical is added to the yarn in the dye bath at the same time as any coloring. Much like dye, the chemical will not rub off or wash off when you wash your item. If you're unsure about using mothproofed wool yarn you can always use an organic wool, instead.
If you're not bothered by the mothproofed wool, you'll love all the fabulous shades to choose from like Fire, Maple Sugar, Carnation Quartz, Azalea, Pineapple, Spearmint and so many more; there are over 70 colors to choose from the Shephard's Shades collection.
With a yarn like this that is made in the U.S. you must give it a try.
What is your favorite wool yarn to crochet with?
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Patons Divine Yarn
- Win Lion Brand Ice Cream Yarn!
- Chance to win Toy Box Yarn!
- Chance to win Premier Candy Shop Yarn!
- Chance to win Willow & Lark Woodland Yarn!
- Chance to win Landscapes Yarn!
- Chance to win Patons Alpaca Yarn!
- Chance to Win a Bundle of Lana Boucle Yarn!
- Red Heart Classic Yarn
- Patons Venus Yarn
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions