Granny Square Scarf Kit
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Crocheting a scarf may seem daunting, but when it is combined with a beginner's technique like making granny squares, you are left with an easy and fun project. The Granny Square Scarf Kit includes a full-color instruction booklet, a crochet hook, a yarn needle, and four colors of yarn for you to work with as you start your scarf. With 32 pages of step-by-step instructions, the instruction booklet is easy for beginners and experts alike.
The first 5 pages of the book feature a "Getting Started" section for beginners, or for anyone in need of a refresher on granny square techniques. Within this section are tutorials on a chain ring, slip knot, and adjustable loop. These are accompanied by color photos and in-depth written instructions, so if you have never made a granny square before, you have nothing to worry about. When I tested out this kit, I found the different granny square tutorials easy to follow, especially with the help of the abbreviation guide on pages 31 and 32. Because I had not picked up a hook in some time, I forgot many of the terms used in instructions. With a quick flip to the back of the book I was back on track and making more squares in no time.
As I practiced making granny squares, I found a new favorite pattern: Lilyan's Lace on page 14. I made this gorgeous pattern over and over until I had a complete scarf, which I then gifted to my niece along with this kit. Easy to wrap and certain to be a hit at any celebration, this kit is the perfect present for any budding crocheter. While making something wearable can seem near impossible when you first start out, making something with granny squares is a great way to build your confidence and get you ready for the next step.
Read NextBest Darn Yarn Tenders
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Best Darn Yarn Tenders
- Enter to win a set of Furls Crochet Candy Shop Hooks!
- Everything Mary Folding Knitting Caddy
- Enter to Win the Cozy Heartland Yarn Bundle!
- Bernat Mega Bulky Yarn
- Patons Divine Yarn
- Win Lion Brand Ice Cream Yarn!
- Enter to win Billie Jean Denim Yarn!
- Chance to win Red Heart Dreamy Yarn!
- Chance to win Paintbox Yarns Baby DK Yarn!
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Super Easy Crochet Cluster Bunch Blanket
- How To Make A Single Crochet Solid Triangle
- Double Crochet Solid Triangle Pattern In The Rounds
- Solid Double Crochet Mitered Square With No Gaps
- Crochet Ridged Rainbow Ripple Blanket
- Single Crochet Solid Hexagon
- Little Waves Section
- Parallels Section
- Beehive Stitch Section
- Peek-a-boo Section
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions