ChiaoGoo Circular Crochet Hook
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Have you ever seen circular crochet hooks? Yarnies may be familiar with circular knitting needles, but circular crochet hooks are an entirely different adventure. Though this particular tool is a rare find, it will open the door to a new way to crochet!
This circular crochet hook from ChiaoGoo is an excellent tool for making afghans. Double ended circular crochet hooks enable you to create large-scale projects using the Tunisian method, or afghan stitch. What differs between the circular hook and a traditional Tunisian hook is the unique way to change colors. The double-ended circular hooks enable you to change colors effortlessly and beautifully. You can make a beautiful striped afghan with a stunning effect: one side of the afghan will have a higher concentration of one color, and the reverse side will have a higher concentration of the other color. Using this hook, you can make a reversible afghan!
ChiaoGoo makes circular hooks in four lengths (16", 24", 32", and 40"), allowing for a range in project size. You could use the smallest cord size (16") to make a thick, cozy scarf for winter, or you can use the largest size (40") for a snuggly afghan.
Regular double-ended crochet hooks allow you to complete smaller scale projects with the same effect. Scarves, hats, gloves, and mittens can all be created with this unique, striped, reversible look.
Fans of the knit look will adore this method because Tunisian crochet involves a form of weaving. You can create a faux knit look when you use the circular crochet hook for this reason. Tunisian crochet really opens up new possibilities for crocheters! If you haven't tried this method before, now is the time to start. Sharpen that crochet skill by using this hook to make new and unique patterns that will amaze your friends and family for years to come!
Read NextBernat Mega Bulky Yarn
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Bernat Mega Bulky Yarn
- Enter for a chance to win the Creative Options Crochet Tote!
- Enter to win Mixtape Yarn!
- Chance to win Premier Parfait Layers Yarn!
- Win Lion Brand Ice Cream Yarn!
- Chance to win Cotton Fair Yarn!
- Enter for a chance to win Caron Jumbo Yarn!
- Enter to win Heirloom Wooden Crochet Hooks!
- The Crochet Lite Hook
- Everything Mary Folding Knitting Caddy
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Candy Floss Blanket
- Crochet Diagonal Raised Stitch Blanket
- Modern Mitered Crochet Baby Blanket
- C2c Large Daisy Crochet Blanket
- C2c Sunshine Crochet Blanket
- C2c Chevron Crochet Blanket
- Seamless Solid Crochet Circle To Granny Square Pattern
- C2c Little Penguin Crochet Blanket
- C2c Skull Crochet Blanket
- Super Easy And Cute Crochet Carrot Applique
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions