- see all comments
"I did find a great video explaining how to read the chart and directions. https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oumKr2eA Cant wait to start this project!"
"Wheres the pattern? The link takes you to a page that saids its been moved."
"May try to do in the future."
ChiaoGoo Circular Crochet Hook
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Click here to view your crochet patterns.
ChiaoGoo Circular Crochet Hook
Gifted by: ChiaoGoo
Reviewed by: Dana Byerwalter, Editor, AllFreeCrochetAfghanPatterns.com
Have you ever seen circular crochet hooks? Yarnies may be familiar with circular knitting needles, but circular crochet hooks are an entirely different adventure. Though this particular tool is a rare find, it will open the door to a new way to crochet!
This circular crochet hook from ChiaoGoo is an excellent tool for making afghans. Double ended circular crochet hooks enable you to create large-scale projects using the Tunisian method, or afghan stitch. What differs between the circular hook and a traditional Tunisian hook is the unique way to change colors. The double-ended circular hooks enable you to change colors effortlessly and beautifully. You can make a beautiful striped afghan with a stunning effect: one side of the afghan will have a higher concentration of one color, and the reverse side will have a higher concentration of the other color. Using this hook, you can make a reversible afghan!
ChiaoGoo makes circular hooks in four lengths (16", 24", 32", and 40"), allowing for a range in project size. You could use the smallest cord size (16") to make a thick, cozy scarf for winter, or you can use the largest size (40") for a snuggly afghan.
Regular double-ended crochet hooks allow you to complete smaller scale projects with the same effect. Scarves, hats, gloves, and mittens can all be created with this unique, striped, reversible look.
Fans of the knit look will adore this method because Tunisian crochet involves a form of weaving. You can create a faux knit look when you use the circular crochet hook for this reason. Tunisian crochet really opens up new possibilities for crocheters! If you haven't tried this method before, now is the time to start. Sharpen that crochet skill by using this hook to make new and unique patterns that will amaze your friends and family for years to come!
Read NextRed Heart Amore Yarn
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Nov 23, 2015
Do you have a video on using the ChiaoGoo Circular Crochet Hook? It sounds interesting but I'd like to see it in action!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Crazy Ripple Blanket
You've never seen a ripple crochet afghan like this before! The Crazy Ripple Blanket is an easy spin on the typical ripple pattern. By… Continue reading: "Crazy Ripple Blanket"
- Red Heart Amore Yarn
- Everything Mary Folding Knitting Caddy
- Chance to win Premier Parfait Layers Yarn!
- Win Lion Brand Ice Cream Yarn!
- Chance to win Landscapes Yarn!
- Caron Simply Soft Party Yarn - Black Sparkle
- Deborah Norville Collection Everyday Yarn - Cold Mountain
- Chance to Win Bernat Alize Blanket-EZ Yarn!
- Chance to Win a Bundle of Paintbox Simply DK Yarn
- Everything Mary Yarn Project Bag
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- A Fast Throw Pattern, Free Crochet Pattern
- A Cozy Throw (free Crochet Pattern)
- How To Crochet Easter Bunny Applique
- Adjust The Size Of A Crochet Blanket
- What Is Gauge In Crochet?
- How To Finish Off A Crochet Blanket
- Why Is The Starting Edge Of Crochet Bunched Together?
- How To Crochet Your Second Row
- How To Crochet Your First Row
- How-to Turn Your Crochet (with Mini Tutorial)
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions