11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Projects
- see all comments
"I did find a great video explaining how to read the chart and directions. https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oumKr2eA Cant wait to start this project!"
"Wheres the pattern? The link takes you to a page that saids its been moved."
"May try to do in the future."
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Click here to view your crochet patterns.
Gifted By: Yarnspirations
Reviewed by Madison Bowes, Editor, AllFreeCrochetAfghanPatterns.com
One type of yarn that is perfect for any pattern on your list is this Caron United yarn. Made in the USA, this 100% acrylic yarn softens with each wash, and glides easily through your fingers as you work. Caron United yarn is great for big and small projects alike, and it will not unravel between them. This makes it great for beginners, because there is no need to worry about ruining your yarn while trying to keep the strands together.
Caron United supports America's troops, so every time you buy a skein 15¢ is donated to the Children of Fallen Patriots Foundation. This foundation provides college scholarships to children of military families that have lost one or both parents in their line of duty. While you work up your project, you can feel great knowing that you are helping send kids to college that may otherwise have been unfairly denied. Showing your support through your projects is easy with this color range, which includes classic colors as well as marled skeins of yarn that work well for summer afghans.
Because this yarn is supporting the troops, this makes it great for Fourth of July patterns. What better way to show your support for our country than with a charitable yarn and a red, white, and blue pattern? A fun and easy pattern that would work well with Caron United is this Stars & Stripes Crochet Afghan. Work it up and have a cozy, patriotic blanket to watch the fireworks under this summer.
Read NextThe Knook
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Bohemian Lace Afghan
Embrace the lace and try the Bohemian Lace Afghan. Written in 3 different sizes, this lacy crochet pattern is versatile and great for… Continue reading: "Bohemian Lace Afghan"
- Enter to win The Knook!
- Win Red Heart Cordial Yarn!
- Lion Brand Zaps Yarn
- Chance to win Red Heart Dreamy Yarn!
- Everything Mary Folding Knitting Caddy
- Polymer Clay Covered Crochet Hooks
- Chance to win Premier Mega Tweed Yarn!
- Stitch Nation by Debbie Stoller Alpaca Love Yarn
- Red Heart Soft Yarn
- Patons Denim-y Yarn
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- How-to Turn Your Crochet (with Mini Tutorial)
- Textured Crochet Fleece Blanket
- Corner To Corner C2c Mini Bean Stitch Square & Rectangle
- Quick & Easy: Crochet Throw Pattern
- Beginner Throw (free Crochet Pattern)
- Free Pattern: One Skein Crochet Blanket
- Striped Suzette Stitch Baby Blanket Pattern
- Simple Forgiving Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Crochet Pattern: Modern Throw
- How To: Make A Soft Textured Crochet Blanket
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions