8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
If you're looking to add some holiday cheer to your home, then you'll definitely want to check out the Yuletide Throw. With your stockings hung and Christmas tree up, all you'll need is this crochet blanket to finish off your holiday decorations. This easy crochet afghan pattern uses a combination of fan shell stitch and v-stitch to capture the Christmas spirit. With varying stripes of green, red, and white, this crochet blanket will instantly make you feel wrapped up in Christmas cheer. The border adds the finishing touch to the perfect holiday afghan.
Skill Level: Easy
Throw Measures: 46” x 55”
- RED HEART Classic: 4 skeins each 0902 Jockey Red, 0676 Emerald Green, 0001 White
- HERRSCHNERS Holiday: 2 skeins (90 yds. each) 0101 Christmas Multi
- Crochet Hook: 4.5mm (US G-6) or size needed for gauge
GAUGE: 6 rows – 4”
Fan Shell, ripple – 4 ¼”
Special Stitches: Fan Shell – (dc, [ch 1, dc] 4 times) in space or stitch as indicated.
V Stitch (V St) – (dc, ch 1, dc) in space or stitch as indicated.
Row 1 (RS): With red ch 144, dc in 4th ch from hook, *dc in each of next 3 chs, skip next 3 chs, fan shell in next ch, skip next 3 chs, dc in each of next 3 chs **,V St in next ch, repeat from * across ending last repeat at **, 2 dcs in last ch, turn.
Row 2: Ch 3, dc in first dc, * dc in each of next 3 dcs, sc in first ch 3 space, (ch 3, sc) in each of next ch 3 spaces, skip next 2 dcs, dc in each of next 3 dcs**, V St in V St, repeat from * across ending last repeat at **, 2 dcs in 3rd ch of turning ch, fasten off and turn.
Row 3: Join green in first stitch, ch 3, dc in same dc, *dc in each of next 3 dcs, skip next ch 3 loop, fan shell in next ch 3 loop, skip next (ch 3 loop, sc and dc), dc in each of next 3 dcs**, V St in V St, repeat from * across ending last repeat at **, 2 dcs in 3rd ch of turning ch, turn.
Row 4: Repeat Row 2 and fasten off.
Row 5: Join red in first stitch and continue with Row 3.
Row 6: Repeat Row 2 and fasten off.
Rows 7-10: Join white in first stitch and repeat Rows 3 and 2, fasten off after the last row and turn.
Continue repeating above pattern as follows for a total of 76 rows: (2 rows green, 2 rows red, 2 rows green, 4 rows white, 2 rows red, 2 rows green, 2 rows red, 4 rows white) 3 times, 2 rows green, 2 rows red, 2 rows green
With Christmas Multi work along top edge 5 dcs in right corner dc, skip 1 dc, sc in next dc, *4 dcs in next ch space, sc in next ch space, 4 dcs in next ch space**, sc in next dc, skip 1 dc, 4 dcs in next dc, sc in ch 1 space, skip 1 dc, 4 dcs in next dc, skip 1 dc, sc in next dc, repeat from * across ending last repeat at **, skip 2 dcs, sc in next dc, 5 dcs in last dc.
Work along side edge sc in first ch space, *4 dcs in next space, sc in next space, repeat from * across.
Work along bottom edge 5 dcs in first bottom corner ch, sc in next ch, skip 1 ch, 4 dcs in next ch, *sc in ch space, 4 dcs in next ch (below fan shell), sc in next ch space**, skip 1 ch, 4 dcs in next ch, skip 1 ch, sc in next ch (below V St), skip 1 ch, 4 dcs in next ch, repeat from * across ending last repeat at **, 4 dcs in next ch, skip 1 ch, sc in next ch, 5 dcs in last corner ch.
Work along side edge as for opposite side edge, join to beginning dc and fasten off.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Old Fashioned Evergreen Crochet Blanket Pattern
Austrian Sleigh Crochet Afghan
Snow Bunny Crochet Blanket Pattern
Scandinavian Snowflake Crochet Blanket
Suzy Snowflake Afghan
Christmas Star Crochet Throw
Peppermint Bliss Throw and Pillow
Winter Wonderland Afghan and Pillow
Retro Ornament Pattern Throw
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- 29 Crochet Shell Stitch Patterns
- Furls Crochet Jumbo Crochet Hooks
- 10 Different Crochet Stitches for Blankets
- Chic Sheep Yarn
- Crochet Throw-back Granny Chevron
- Adorable Nine Blocks Crochet Baby Blanket
- Nouveau Chic Crochet Granny Throw
- Groovy Flower Power Crochet Blanket
- Colorful Cluster V-Stitch Crochet Blanket
- 41 Crochet Graphghan Patterns + How to Read Crochet Charts
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions