8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
When it comes to crocheting for Christmas, you're going to fall in love with the Christmas Wreath Throw. After crocheting a few crochet granny squares, you'll piece them together to create this festive holiday throw. This is definitely one of the easy crochet blanket patterns you don't want to miss out on this year. It'll add a festive touch to any room you put it in. Plus, it'd make a great Christmas present for any friends or family.
Crochet HookI/9 or 5.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
- RED HEART® Super Saver®: 5 skeins 316 Soft White A, 2 skeins 376 Burgundy B, 1 skein 406 Medium Thyme C, 1 skein 631 Light Sage D.
- Crochet Hook: 5.5mm [US I-9]
- Yarn needle
Measurements: Throw measures 67 x 61” including border.
Gauge: One square measures 2½ x 2½”. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size hook to obtain the gauge.
- Throw is made from 475 squares; 287 one-color squares and 188 two-color squares.
- The squares are arranged as shown in assembly diagram and then sewn together.
- A border is worked around the outer edges of the assembled throw.
- To change color, work last stitch of old color to last yarn over. Yarn over with new color and draw through all loops on hook to complete stitch. Do not fasten off old color. Carry color not in use up Wrong Side of square when next needed.
One color square
(make 287 – 211 with A, 68 with B, and 8 with C)
Ch 4; join with slip st in first ch to form a ring.
Round 1 (Wrong Side): Ch 3 (counts as first dc here and throughout), 2 dc in ring, [ch 2, 3 dc in ring] 3 times; join with hdc in top of beginning ch (joining hdc counts as a ch-2 space), turn—Four 3-dc groups and 4 ch-2 spaces.
Round 2 (Right Side): Ch 3, 2 dc in first ch-space (around the post of the joining hdc), ch 1, [(3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) in next ch-2 space, ch 1] 3 times, 3 dc in first ch-space (around the post of the joining hdc), ch 2; join with slip st in top of beginning ch—Eight 3-dc groups, 4 ch-1 spaces, and 4 ch-2 spaces. Fasten off, leaving a long tail for sewing squares together.
Two color square
(make 188 – 108 using A and B, 48 using C and D, 24 using A and C, and 8 using B and C).
Note: All two color squares are working using the darker of the two colors as the first color, and the lighter of the two colors as the second color.
With first color, ch 4; join with slip st in first ch to form a ring.
Round 1 (Wrong Side): Ch 3 (counts as first dc here and throughout), (2 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) in ring; change to second color, do not fasten off first color, ch 2, (3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) in ring; join with hdc in top of beginning ch (joining hdc counts as a ch-2 space), turn—Four 3-dc groups and 4 ch-2 spaces.
Round 2 (Right Side): Continuing with second color, ch 5, slip st in 3rd ch from hook. 2 dc in first ch-space (around the post of the joining hdc), ch 1, (3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) in next ch-2 space, ch 1, 3 dc in next ch-2 space; change to first color, ch 2, 3 dc in same ch-2 space, ch 1, (3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) in next ch-2 space, ch 1, 3 dc in first ch-space (around the post of the joining hdc); join with slip st in ch-2 space at beginning of round. Fasten off, leaving a long tail for sewing squares together.
Arrange squares as shown in assembly diagram and sew together. Weave in ends.
With Right Side facing, join B with slip st in any corner ch-2 space.
Round 1 (Right Side): Ch 1, beginning in same ch-2 space as join, **(sc, ch 2, sc) in corner ch-2 space, ch 1, *[sc in next dc, ch 1, skip next dc, sc in next dc, ch 1, skip next ch-space] twice, sc in seam between squares, ch 1; repeat from * across to next corner ch-2 space; repeat from ** around; join with slip st in first sc.
Round 2: Slip st in first corner ch-2 space, ch 1, beginning in same ch-2 space, (sc, ch 3, sc) in each ch-space around; join with slip st in first sc.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Project of the Day
All we can think of when looking at this stunning crochet afghan pattern is the different shades of ocean water, hence the name… Continue reading: "Dancing Waters Crochet Blanket"
- Suzy Snowflake Afghan
- Snowflake Afghan Corner to Corner Crochet Pattern
- Snow Bunny Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Austrian Sleigh Crochet Afghan
- Winter Sky Crochet Snowflake Pattern
- Plaid Christmas Crochet Afghan Pattern
- Scandinavian Snowflake Crochet Blanket
- Christmas Morning Easy Crochet Blanket
- Snowflake Afghan
- Vintage Christmas Poinsettia Throw
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Easy Weekend Crochet Afghan
- How To Crochet Graphs With The Bobble Sc | Giraffe Block (with Video Tutorial)
- Ahavah Baby Blanket
- Mustard & Co Tunisian Crochet Blanket
- Latte Delight Crochet Blanket
- Textured Bobble Throw
- Sea Turtle C2c Throw
- Honey Peaks Throw
- Moon And Stars Tunisian Crochet Blanket
- Sheep Granny Square Blanket
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions