75 Red and Green Christmas Crochet Afghans
What better way to celebrate the holidays than with some festive colored afghans? 75 Red and Green Christmas Crochet Afghans is the ultimate collection of patterns for the season. Try these free afghan patterns and enjoy the most wonderful time of the year.
Red and green have a long history as being the associated colors for Christmas. Red is symbolic of Christ’s blood, and green is symbolic of eternal life. Join in the tradition and make Christmas crochet afghans to match all of your holiday décor. Start with some colored squares if you seek inspiration for a larger project, then move on to a full crochet blanket by joining them together. The Altair Granny Square is a bright red and white square that would make a striking afghan and is perfect for Christmas crochet.
If you'd like to move on beyond granny squares, we have our favorite crochet blanket patterns, broken out into holiday-themed (red and green), just red and then just gree. Whatever mood you're after for your home, and whatever the purpose of these crochet blankets is, you'll find the perfect one in this list.
Check out the best of the best red and green Christmas crochet patterns!
75 Red and Green Christmas Crochet Afghans
If you're crunched on time, but still want to crochet for Christmas, then you should try a crochet granny square pattern. Our collection of 15 Crochet Christmas Squares has plenty of holly jolly patterns to choose from.
When working up a crochet blanket pattern, sometimes it's best to start small and aim to complete a crochet granny square afghan. These crochet granny squares are all worked up in shades of red and green, perfect for combining into the perfect holiday crochet blanket. Whether you're after solid red or solid green crochet granny square patterns... or maybe a fun little mx, we have the perfect small patterns for you. Then, once you worked up enough for a throw, combine them your way for the perfect holiday pattern! Mix and match various different granny squares, or make them all the same - either way, your crochet holiday blanket will be uniquely you.
- Lovely In Green Square
- AI Square
- Altair Granny Square
- Christmas Snowflake Crochet Granny Square
- Four Angels Square
- Bonnie's Poinsettia Afghan Square
- Red Velvet Crochet Granny Square
- Christmas Tree Afghan Square
- Hugs n' Kisses Square
- Cranberry Christmas Granny Square
- Evergreen Wreath Square
- Magic Poinsettia Granny Square Pattern
- Holiday Applique Granny Squares
- Lacy Granny Square
- Teenie's Dream Square
- Pinwheel Square
- Holiday Wreath Square
- Christmas Wreath Crochet Granny Square
What's red and green and cheery all over? Your new red and green crochet afghan pattern! These holiday crochet blankets are made with a delightful mix of red and green yarn for that perfect holiday blend. Make one of these delightful crochet throws to decorate your home this holiday season, or make one as a sweet and heartfelt holiday gift.
- Striped Christmas Crochet Blanket
- Christmas Wave Afghan
- Holiday Granny Afghan and Pillow
- Tis the Season Throw
- Victorian Ornaments Afghan
- Christmas Chevron Crochet Pattern
- Austrian Sleigh Crochet Afghan
- Ruby and Emerald Crocodile Stitch Blanket
- Vintage Christmas Poinsettia Throw
- Christmas Star Crochet Throw
- Christmas Sweetheart Afghan
- Snowflake and Holly Afghan
- Christmas Cheer Crochet Afghan
- Christmas Wreath Throw
- Holiday Hearts Crochet Afghan
- Holly Jolly Throw
- Classic Tree Holiday Afghan
- Poinsettia Christmas Crochet Pattern
- Poinsettia Squares Afghan
- Christmas Crochet Squares Afghan
- Cozy Yuletide Squares
- Christmas Star Throw and Pillow
- Festive Irish Stitch Striped Throw
- Christmas Spirit Mile a Minute
- Joy to the World Throw
- Yuletide Throw
- Christmas Flower Motif Throw
Can't get enough Christmas afghans? Don't worry we have plenty more patterns! Check out 74 Christmas Crochet Afghan Patterns for even more Chrismtas crochet blanket patterns!
If you’re looking for a pattern that doesn’t have to be put away when the holidays are over, try making an afghan that is just red. Red afghans make bright statements in any room, and can be a great accent to a room that needs a little more color. The California Ranch Afghan is the perfect example of Christmas crochet that doesn’t have to be just for Christmas. Its rich red color is warm and friendly and would also look lovely for Valentine’s Day. These red afghan patterns are excellent Christmas crochet alternatives because they can be used for more than one holiday or occasion.
- Textured Stripes Throw
- Foolproof Afghan Pattern
- California Ranch Afghan
- Eugene Throw
- Peppermint Bliss Throw and Pillow
- Christmas Snowflakes Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Holly Berries Cable Crochet Throw Pillow
- Winter Wonderland Afghan and Pillow
- Scandinavian Snowflake Crochet Blanket
- Santa's Favorite Afghan
- Cranberry Mosaic Web Throw and Pillow
- Peppermint Stick Afghan
- Skipping Stones Circular Afghan
- Peppermint Chevron Afghan
- Cranberry Basketweave Throw
- Rustic Romance Cable Throw
- Heavenly Holiday Cables Throw
- Redwood Waffle-ghan
There are a few green afghan patterns that will make you jump for Christmas joy. All of these are free afghan patterns are just for you and make delightful Christmas afghans. The Turtle Shell Ripple Afghan uses different shades of green in a ripple pattern which makes it an eye-catching afghan. Pair these green afghans with a red pillow and you’ve got a Christmas couch for sure. Green afghans are perfect for St. Patrick’s day, kids’ rooms, and springtime.
- Irish Shamrocks Afghan
- Woodland Fern Afghan
- Textured Reversible Lap Blanket
- Cluster Lace Throw
- Turtle Shell Ripple Afghan
- Green Granny Ripple Afghan
- Old Fashioned Evergreen Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Siesta Afghan
- Modern Mood Crochet Afghan
- Christmas Tree Throw and Pillow
- Evergreen Crochet Throw
- Striped Afghan
Looking to change things up a bit? Make an afghan you'll be able to use all winter long with the help of Let it Snow: 17 Snowflake Crochet Blanket Patterns! It's full of stunning snowflake patterns that you'll absolutely love.
Read NextSuzy Snowflake Afghan