8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
14 More Bulky Crochet Afghan Patterns
Hook up another one of these bulky yarn crochet blanket patterns and stay cozy warm!
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Give the gift of cozy warmth when you hook one of 14 More Bulky Crochet Afghan Patterns for someone you love. Hopefully, at least one of those someones is you! Because you will not want to miss out on the smooshy, snuggly goodness of a chunky crochet blanket made with bulky yarn.
These bulky yarn crochet blanket patterns are perfect for wrapping around your shoulders while enjoying a hot cup of coffee on a chilly fall morning. Or flop on the couch and tuck under the beautiful bulky crochet throw you made that will bring a flush of both warmth and pride to your cheeks. Friends and family alike will "ooh" and "aah" over your craftsmanship, and more than a few are likely to drop not-so-subtle hints like, "I've always wanted a crochet blanket made with bulky yarn!" So perhaps your holiday and family birthday gift list becomes an easy task for your favorite hobby!
Table of Contents
Bulky Crochet Afghan Patterns
- Cozy Feather and Fan Crochet Afghan
If you're looking for a snuggle-worthy afghan pattern, look no further than this Cozy Feather and Fan Crochet Afghan. With a fun and lacy pattern, this afghan is bound to please just about anybody.
- Little Couch Potato Afghan Pattern
Your kids will love to cuddle under the Little Couch Potato Afghan Pattern during afternoon naps or after school TV watching. The soft yarn and dense pattern will make them feel cozy and safe.
- Make Waves Bulky Blanket
The colorful waves of the Make Waves Bulky Blanket manage to represent an almost abstract version of Claude Monet's water lily series — as close as a crochet blanket can do that, anyway.
- Cozy Clusters Crochet Baby Blanket
The gorgeous Cozy Clusters Crochet Baby Blanket is just the bulky blanket pattern you've been looking for. It's the perfect gift for baby showers, your new bundle of joy, or for birthdays of little ones.
- Mrs. Hughes' Crochet Afghan
Take a trip to Downton Abbey with this crochet throw, inspired by the hit show. Mrs. Hughes' Crochet Afghan is an intermediate crochet pattern that's worked up with a bulky, chestnut-brown yarn.
- Sweet Treat Baby Blanket
The Sweet Treat Baby Blanket is such a sumptuous stunner, you'll want to hook a bigger one for yourself! It's thick enough to double as a baby play mat and makes a wonderful gift for your next baby shower.
- Vintage Floral Granny Square Afghan
To make this Vintage Floral Granny Square Afghan, you'll hook 12 granny squares that are each 10 inches (wait for it) square. The super bulky yarn works up quickly and is incredibly soft to boot.
- Summer Sorbet Crochet Baby Blanket
If you're going to a baby shower, look no further than the Summer Sorbet Crochet Baby Blanket! No matter the time of year, there's no better gift than a warm and snuggly homemade afghan.
- Finger Crochet Afghan Pattern
You may have heard of arm-knitting, but have you heard of finger crocheting? It's so easy, even a beginner can do it. The result is chunky-looking crochet afghan that you can snuggle all winter long.
- Striping Eyelets Easy Crochet Blanket Pattern
The Striping Eyelets Easy Crochet Blanket Pattern would be great to have handy on the back of the couch for those I’m-cold-during-a-movie moments, or it would be great to give as a gift to a special friend.
- Homey Plaid Crochet Blanket
This Homey Plaid Crochet Blanket will be the quintessential accent piece for your holiday decorating. We love the touch of plaid in the pattern that doesn't distract too much from its soft texture.
- Bulky Boucle Baby Blanket
The only yarn softer than baby yarn is a chunky boucle yarn. Babies will love to be swaddled in this crazy-soft Bulky Boucle Baby Blanket. This crochet baby blanket is an easy striped crochet pattern in neutral colors.
- Duchess of Cambridge Crochet Blanket
We can't help but bow down to the genius of the Duchess of Cambridge Crochet Blanket. We're sure Kate Middleton, the duchess herself, would approve of this lovely, bulky throw and its almost lacy pattern.
- Blushing Bulky Baby Blanket
The Blushing Bulky Baby Blanket a perfect bulky blanket pattern for any little love in your life as the color can easily be swapped to accommodate any nursery decor. Or increase the pattern and hook yourself some cozy!
Which bulky yarn afghan pattern do you love to hook when the temperature drops?
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
- Restful Corner to Corner Crochet Throw
- Amish Multicolor Throw
- Harlequin Blanket
- Corner to Corner Crochet Throw
- Candy Stripe Corner-to-Corner Throw
- Crochet Cuddle Up Unicorn Blanket
- Country Cottage Crochet Throw
- Ridiculously Cozy Crochet Blanket Pattern
- 19 Advanced Crochet Afghan Patterns
- Little Bit of Everything Afghan
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Modern Heirloom Blanket
- Origami Blanket
- Harlequin Blanket
- Borealis Blanket
- Little Larksfoot Rainbow Blanket
- Big Larksfoot Rainbow Blanket
- Mock Granny Stripe Blanket
- Marshmallow Blanket
- Crystal Waves Gingham Blanket
- Bernat Alize Blanket-EZ Yarn
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions