8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- see all comments
"I did find a great video explaining how to read the chart and directions. https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oumKr2eA Cant wait to start this project!"
"Wheres the pattern? The link takes you to a page that saids its been moved."
"May try to do in the future."
Finger Crochet Afghan Pattern
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Click here to view your crochet patterns.
You may have heard of arm-knitting, but have you heard of finger crocheting? That's right you can crochet with your fingers. Learn the simple technique with the video below, and then find out how to crochet a blanket with the Finger Crochet Afghan Pattern! It's so easy, even a beginner can do it. The end result is chunky looking crochet afghan that you can snuggle with all winter long. When it comes to out-of-the-box crochet throw patterns, this one definitely takes the cake. Ditch the hook and grab your favorite bulky yarn, it's time to make a truly "handmade" blanket.
Yarn Weight(6) Super Bulky/Super Chunky (4-11 stitches for 4 inches)
- Bernat® Blanket™ Yarn (10.5 oz/300 g; 258 yds/234 m): Contrast A Vintage White (10006) 3 balls, Contrast B Silver Steel (10001) 3 balls
Measurement: Approximately 45” [114.5 cm] wide x 56” [142 cm] long.
Holding 1 strand each of A and B together and using finger crochet technique, chain 41.
1st row: 1 single crochet in second chain from hook. 1 single crochet in each chain to end of chain. Turn. 40 single crochet.
2nd row: Chain 1. 1 single crochet in each single crochet to end of row. Turn.
Repeat 2nd row until work measures approximately 56” [142 cm]. Fasten off.
Read NextRustic Farmhouse Plaid Throw
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Sep 19, 2018
When I go to print the pattern, there's a p2 that says "How to finger crochet" Where is that?
Sep 24, 2018
Hmmm, I'm not seeing what you're seeing when I go to print the pattern. But if you're looking for tutorials on finger crochet, if you type "How to finger crochet" into google, a bunch of videos and helpful tips pop up. I'm also working on a page about it for AllFreeCrochetAfghanPatterns, so stay tuned! I hope this helps! Let me know if I can answer any follow up questions. Thanks!
Mar 03, 2018
Oh this is Great! My family teases me all the time that I am always crocheting. Now that I have learned how to Finger Crochet, I can crochet anytime. This pattern for the Finger Crochet Afghan Pattern is well done and the video how to is so greatly done, anyone can now crochet. So sweet! So many ideas are running through my head now that I know how to finger crochet. Thank you so much for sharing this free how to finger crochet.
Aug 19, 2017
I really wanted to be able to do this, but unfortunately it is not for me. My fingers would just not cooperate with me enough to make it work. It is a great project, and would be an excellent addition to an art curriculum in schools. It just isnt great for people with fine motor difficulties.
Apr 04, 2017
Who would have thought that finger crochet could be so beautiful? I certainly had no idea but now, having seen this, it is something that I am absolutely DRIVEN to make! And using the recommended bulky yarn means it is going to wonderfully cozy and warm in winter. I can not wait to get started and my teenage daughter is now quite fascinated by this too so it seems we each be making one at the same time which is going to be lovely!
Aug 03, 2016
I will definitely be trying this! I'm an experienced arm knitter, but I've never tried finger crocheting. Love it.
Nov 29, 2014
What fun easy if you are a crocheter or not. Can't wait to try!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Square Upon Square Throw
This stunning throw from Red Heart Yarns is perfect for using on a chilly afternoon or evening. Crochet granny squares with Red Heart… Continue reading: "Square Upon Square Throw"
- Rustic Farmhouse Plaid Throw
- Shining Star Crochet Blanket
- Easy Fall Blanket
- Restful Corner to Corner Crochet Throw
- Amish Multicolor Throw
- Textured Crochet Fleece Blanket
- A Cozy Throw (free Crochet Pattern)
- Corner to Corner Crochet Throw
- Quick & Easy: Crochet Throw Pattern
- 31 Half Double Crochet Patterns
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- A Fast Throw Pattern, Free Crochet Pattern
- A Cozy Throw (free Crochet Pattern)
- How To Crochet Easter Bunny Applique
- Adjust The Size Of A Crochet Blanket
- What Is Gauge In Crochet?
- How To Finish Off A Crochet Blanket
- Why Is The Starting Edge Of Crochet Bunched Together?
- How To Crochet Your Second Row
- How To Crochet Your First Row
- How-to Turn Your Crochet (with Mini Tutorial)
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions