8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- see all comments
"I did find a great video explaining how to read the chart and directions. https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oumKr2eA Cant wait to start this project!"
"Wheres the pattern? The link takes you to a page that saids its been moved."
"May try to do in the future."
Hygge Happy Crochet Throw Pattern
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Click here to view your crochet patterns.
Who doesn't need a little more hygge in their lives? This Hygge Happy Crochet Throw Pattern (pronounced "hoo-gah") will bring some much needed cozy contentedness to your life, both as you hook it and while enjoying the finished product. There's no one English word to describe this Danish state of being present and joyful in the moment, but of course there's rarely one word to describe the cozy, happy, comfortable, charming feeling of snuggling up next to a loved one under a cozy crochet blanket. Spread the hygge when you spread this pure merino Red Heart crochet blanket over your family!
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge2 shells = 4" (10 cm); 8 rows = 3.75” (9.5 cm). CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size hook to obtain the gauge.
Finished SizeProject measures 50” [127 cm] in width, 60” [152.5 cm] in length.
- RED HEART® Chic Sheep™: 17 balls of 5316 Linen
- Yarn needle
Beginning chain 3 does not count as a stitch throughout.
Front Post Double Crochet 3 Together (fp-dc3tog): [yarn over hook, insert hook (from front to back to front) around post of indicated stitch and pull up a loop, yarn over and draw through 2 loops on hook] 3 times, yarn over and draw through all 4 loops on hook.
Row 1 (WS): Sc in 2nd ch from hook, *ch 1, skip 4 ch, (3 dc, ch 1, 3 dc) in next ch (shell made), ch 1, skip 4 ch, sc in next ch; repeat from * across. Turn- 25 shells.
Row 2: Ch 3, skip first ch-1 space, *fpdc3tog in next 3 dc, ch 3, sc in next ch-1 sp, ch 3, fp-dc3tog in next 3 dc**, ch 1; repeat from * across ending at **, dc in last sc. Turn.
Row 3: Ch 3, 4 dc in first dc, *ch 1, sc in next sc, ch 1**, (3 dc, ch 1, 3 dc) in next ch-1 space; repeat from * across ending at **, 4 dc in top of tch. Turn.
Row 4: Ch 1, sc in first dc, *ch 3, fpdc3tog in next 3 dc, ch 1, fp-dc3tog in next 3 dc, ch 3**, sc in next ch-1 space; repeat from * across ending at **, sc in last dc. Turn.
Row 5: Ch 1, sc in first sc, *ch 1, (3 dc, ch 1, 3 dc) in next ch -1 space, ch 1, sc in next sc; repeat from * across. Turn.
Rows 6 – 128: Repeat Rows 2–5, ending on a Row 4. Do not fasten off. Do Not Turn.
Rnd 1: Ch 1, *sc evenly along edge to corner, (sc, ch 1, sc) in corner; repeat from * around the throw, slip st to first sc. Turn.
Rnd 2: Ch 1, *sc in ea sc to ch-1 space, (sc, ch 1, sc) in ch-1 space; repeat from * around, slip st to first sc. Fasten off.
Weave in all loose ends.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Oct 24, 2018
Very unassuming throw pattern but the pattern says its really complicated. This will also look great in vibrant or earth colors.
Aug 09, 2018
My first thought is Wow! I haven't used the RED HEART Chic Sheep yarn before, but need to find it. This throw uses 17 balls of the yarn but makes a nice size blanket. I sure hope I have a good coupon when I find the yarn. The written pattern is well done and easy to understand and the chart helps too. You can print the pattern out with the print tab, which is what I have done. Looking forward to making this one. Thank you so much for sharing this free crochet throw pattern.
Aug 02, 2018
Aw, the idea behind the name of this blanket is so lovely. Who wouldn't want to be wrapped in contentment!? I might hook it in a different color though... maybe a deep blue or violet color. Thoughts?
Jul 31, 2018
This Hygee Happy Crochet Throw truly looks like it belongs in a pricey boutique because it looks like a million bucks. It uses just double crochets and skips ALONG with the front post double crochets. If you don't know how to do this one, I recommend watching a YouTube video tutorial instead of trying to read instructions.
Jul 27, 2018
This is seriously beautiful. I love the Hygge ideals.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Crocheted Christening Blanket
There's no better way to welcome a little one into the world than by crocheting a baby blanket. The Crocheted Christening Blanket is… Continue reading: "Crocheted Christening Blanket"
- Butter Mints Tunisian Crochet Blanket
- Smoothie Squares Crochet Blanket
- Wintertide Sampler Throw Pattern
- Textured Crochet Fleece Blanket
- Golden Years Crochet Blanket
- Simple Forgiving Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Make it Quick Afghan
- Twilight Shells Throw
- Gold Coast Lapghan
- Minion-Inspired Crochet Baby Cocoon
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Adjust The Size Of A Crochet Blanket
- What Is Gauge In Crochet?
- How To Finish Off A Crochet Blanket
- Why Is The Starting Edge Of Crochet Bunched Together?
- How To Crochet Your Second Row
- How To Crochet Your First Row
- How-to Turn Your Crochet (with Mini Tutorial)
- Textured Crochet Fleece Blanket
- Corner To Corner C2c Mini Bean Stitch Square & Rectangle
- Quick & Easy: Crochet Throw Pattern
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions