Downton Abbey Yarn Collection
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Downton Abbey Yarn Collection
Gifted by: Premier Yarns
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeCrochetAfghanPatterns.com
The British TV show, Downton Abbey, is about to get a lot more popular. Now there's a yarn line for it! Premier Yarns is constantly coming out with new and exciting yarn and you're going to love their latest! The Downton Abbey Collection is a fun yarn line that has names that play off the characters in the TV show. Each character has his or her own skein of yarn named after them:
The Downton Abbey Yarn comes in a variety of fabulous colors, so get yours today!
Matthew: This yarn is plush and soft, which is great for a worsted weight yarn. There are specks of different colors dispersed throughout the skein, giving it great character. Matthew is 21% wool, 75% acrylic, and 4% viscose. I unfortunately, cannot wear anything wool, but this yarn seems softer than most.
Branson: Unlike the other yarns in the Downton Abbey Yarn Collection, Branson is a bulky weight yarn that is 80% acrylic and 20% wool. Also unlike the others, you can machine wash this yarn on the gentle cycle and tumble dry it on low. The colorways are earth-toned allowing you to mix and match and still have a beautiful crochet pattern.
Lady Sybil: Made of 10% Angora Effect, 80% acrylic, and 10% Mohair, this yarn surprisingly is pretty soft. Lady Sybil is a fine weight yarn that must also be hand washed to keep its fabulous appearance. Because Sybil is "the sweetest spirit", it's no wonder this yarn is super soft. This line comes in 8 colors including Stone Blue, Mulled Grape, Pearl Pink, and Jade Green.
Lady Mary: This yarn is one of my favorites by looks alone. It's 95% acrylic and 5% glitter, giving it just the right amount of sparkle. Lady Mary is a light weight yarn that must be hand washed and laid flat to dry. It comes in 8 colors including Sapphire Sparkle, Coral Shine, Silver Frost, and Lily Ice.
Each of the yarns within this collection can be mixed and matched giving your crochet pattern a unique look. From 8 colors within each yarn line to choose from, you're sure to find a combination you absolutely love. No matter if you've been a Downton Abbey fan since the first episode or you're just jumping on board the very last season, you will appreciate the colors and textures of each yarn line within the collection. Even if you haven't seen a single episode, you'll want to get your hands on this yarn. With the different yarn weights, you will love experiementing to make the perfect crochet afghan.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
The Crochet Christmas Lights Afghan Pattern is the most festive granny square afghan you will see this Christmas season. An adorable… Continue reading: "Crochet Christmas Lights Afghan Pattern"
- Chance to win Red Heart Dreamy Yarn!
- Chance to Win a Bundle of Paintbox Simply DK Yarn
- Yarn Cozies
- Bernat Mega Bulky Yarn
- Chance to win Red Heart Hygge Yarn!
- Enter to win Alpaca Silk DK Yarn!
- Chance to win Premier Sweet Roll Yarn!
- Chance to win a Darn Good Yarn Subscription Box!
- Chance to Win a Bundle of Bernat Baby Blanket Yarn!
- Chance to win Expression Fiber Arts Sparkle DK Yarn!
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Simple Inspiring Crochet Blanket
- Crochet Fireside Throw Blanket
- Cozy Man Cave Throw
- Moss Stitch Baby Blanket
- Winter Holiday Season Colors Granny Square Afghan
- Chic Colorful Granny Square Throw
- Granny Square Afghan
- Black And White Granny Square Blanket Throw
- Bright Chevron Borderless Blanket
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions