Mixtape Yarn Review
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Mixtape Yarn Review
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeCrochetAfghanPatterns.com
Covering yourself from head to toe in yarn is a crocheter's dream. When you work up a crochet hat, a knit scarf, a sweater or some leg warmers you can proudly flaunt your creativity for all to see. When you think of super bulky yarn your head immediately goes to that soft, fluffy and warm yarn. However, there are some other yarns out there that are considered super bulky without the fluffiness, but the coziness is certainly still there. Wool and the Gang has just this yarn - Mixtape Yarn.
Made from upcycled t-shirt scraps, 80% cotton and 20% polyester, this fabric yarn is ready to be turned into a beautiful crochet pattern. Much like a shoelace and its unique structure, Mixtape is great to work up anything from apparel to housewares. If you like the bulky look, but don't necessarily enjoy that "fuzziness" of bulky yarn then you're going to love Mixtape Yarn.
Because it's simple and fast to crochet with, you can crochet your next project in no time. Knit and crocheted bags prove to be nice and sturdy, while scarves and hats leave you with that cozy feeling. Mixtape has few colors to choose from, but the basics are all you need with this simple yarn. Mix and match Marguax Red, Pink Blush and Lipstick Red for a feminine design and Army Green, Atlantis Blue and White Noise for a more manly design. I personally like the gray color as it can go with pretty much everything.
Each skein consists of 142 yards which is great for a smaller project. What's nice about Mixtape is that you can machine wash it in cold water since it's made with such sturdy fabric. If you haven't had a chance to play with this type of yarn in the past then you're missing out!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Everything Mary Folding Knitting Caddy
- Chance to win a Darn Good Yarn Subscription Box!
- Win Lion Brand Ice Cream Yarn!
- Win Lion Barnd Modern Baby Yarn!
- Enter to win Alpaca Silk DK Yarn!
- Chance to win Cotton Fair Yarn!
- Chance to win Premier Sweet Roll Yarn!
- Enter for a chance to win Caron Jumbo Yarn!
- Lion Brand Silky Twist Yarn
- Enter to win the Odyssey Hook Set!
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Crochet 12-point Star Blanket
- Soothing Stripes Stroller Blanket
- Diamond Wave Pattern | Crafting Happiness
- Timeless Lacy Shell Crochet Blanket
- Simple Inspiring Crochet Blanket
- Crochet Fireside Throw Blanket
- Cozy Man Cave Throw
- Moss Stitch Baby Blanket
- Winter Holiday Season Colors Granny Square Afghan
- Chic Colorful Granny Square Throw
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions