Yak Merino Sport Yarn
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Yak Merino Sport Yarn
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeCrochetAfghanPatterns.com
Much like the other yarns from Expression Fiber Arts, Yak Merino Sport is just as soft and lustrous and will leave you wanting more. Made from 50% Tibetan Yak down and 50% superfine merino wool this yarn is oh so cozy.
Each skein comes in 328 yards and is a 3-ply hand-crafted yarn that provides a unique color in each skein; no two skeins are exactly the same. While still wrapped in a skein, it reminds me of a stress relief ball; I kept squishing it and it would bounce right back, so you know this is going to be a great, breathable yarn to work with. The merino wool is soft and creamy while the yak is the softest of the yak fibers, making an amazing combination.
Knitting a fine pair of socks or a bulky sweater will be perfect during the winter months since the yarn has such great insulating properties; this allows animals to survive during extreme temperatures, so you know it'll keep you nice and warm. Yak merino sport is stronger than wool so your projects will last a long time and keep up with its durability. The fibers within the yarn wicks moisture away from your body and releases it into the air so you can feel comfortable and fresh. There's also an anti-microbial property that will keep your project fresh for longer. Even with this property you'll still want to wash your projects, but be sure to do this by hand-washing.
The Lavender Tea color is ivory-based with sprinkles of lavender, burgundy red and blue for an outstanding color scheme. This yarn isn't one to be missed.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Enter for a chance to win Caron Jumbo Yarn!
- Chance to win Premier Sweet Roll Yarn!
- Win Lion Brand Ice Cream Yarn!
- Win a Single Yarn Keeper!
- Chance to win Toy Box Yarn!
- Chance to win Cotton Fair Yarn!
- Bernat Mega Bulky Yarn
- KnowKnits GoKnit Large Capsule
- Chance to win Landscapes Yarn!
- Polymer Clay Covered Crochet Hooks
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Christmas Llama
- Marjorie Blanket
- Flower Medley Blanket
- Koala C2c Throw
- I'll Be Home For Christmas Throw
- Desert Cactus C2c Throw
- Fast And Easy Speckled Chunky Yarn Blanket
- Easy Rectangle Log Cabin Blanket
- Teal Waves Crochet Blanket
- Easy Football Field Crochet Blanket
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions