Prairie Spun DK Yarn
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Prairie Spun DK Yarn
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeCrochetAfghanPatterns.com
Brown Sheep is a yarn spinning mill that continues to come out with new yarns. In 2010 and 2011 Brown Sheep researched and developed a new program that allows the company to reuse 70 to 90% of their daily waste water. So Brown Sheep went green, even though they dye over 1,000 different colors; this is a great way to support this U.S. company. With their newest line of Prairie Spun DK yarn you'll easily see why you should support them.
Prairie Spun is made 100% in the U.S. from a wool 3-ply yarn with approximately 256 yards per skein. The 100 gram twisted hank is soft to the touch and can be turned into a fabulous knit or crochet pattern. Work up a sweater, a shawl, crochet a hat and mittens set, knit a cowl or create a fabulous cardigan to wear during those chilly fall days. It is recommended that you hand wash your projects so they last as long as possible.
Due to the unique processing system used to blend yarn, color variations can occur within dyelots, so you must know ahead of time that a skein may have a slight variation from another skein of the same color. Speaking of colors, Prairie Spun comes in a variety of fabulous shades including red cedar, lost lake, huckleberry pie, earth and sky, blueberry patch and so many others. The beaded moccasin yarn reminds me exactly of its name - the bright colors are the ones you would see beaded onto the leather fringe part of the moccasin.
Once you start playing around with this yarn you will easily find yourself living in that new sweater or cardigan you work up.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Using fun colors like sunshine, light country peach, orchid and other soft colors will make you feel like you're on a cloud while… Continue reading: "Beginner Daydream Baby Blanket"
- Chance to win Landscapes Yarn!
- Chance to Win Four Skeins of Paintbox Yarn Cotton DK Yarn!
- Chance to win Darn Good Yarn Lace Weight Silk Cloud Sparkle Yarn!
- Enter to win a set of Furls Crochet Candy Shop Hooks!
- Chance to win Red Heart Dreamy Yarn!
- Chance to win Premier Chamonix Yarn!
- Win Lion Brand Ice Cream Yarn!
- Enter for a chance to win Caron Jumbo Yarn!
- Chance to win Heal the Wool Yarn!
- Patons Divine Yarn
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Winter Jewels Amethyst Flower Granny Square
- Three Hour Throw
- Happy Lark Scrap Blanket
- Beneficent Bella Baby Blanket
- Eastern Star Motif
- Buffalo Check Plaid Blanket
- Wintergreen Baby Blanket
- Polar Bear & Penguin Pals Graphgan
- Wildlife Graphghan
- Night Before Christmas Graphgan Blanket
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions