13 Crochet Lapghan Patterns
These free crochet lapghan patterns are so pretty and fun!
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Lapghans are a wonderful alternative to the traditional afghan, quilt, or blanket pattern. Each of these 13 Crochet Lapghan Patterns and crochet throws make wonderful gifts, charity projects, and crochet throws for your home.
Lapghans and crochet throws are very similar. Some of these free patterns are easier than others, so it depends on what type of crochet pattern you are looking for.
Either way, these small crochet blankets are great for a quick project and perfect patterns to crochet for charity.
So what exactly is a lapghan? A lapghan is a crochet afghan pattern that is usually very quick and easy to make. It is shaped like a rectangle and is usually provided to people who must sit in an upright position for long periods of time.
This could be someone that is in a wheelchair or someone that spends a lot of time sitting. These blankets keep a person's legs warm without dragging on the floor.
Charities often ask for people to find a free crochet pattern for lapghan and donate the finished projects.
Wheelchair Lapghan Patterns:
Patterns for crochet lap blanket patterns don't have to be boring or ugly. Get creative and make one of these fantastic patterns today.
Functional afghans are perfect for people that are chair-bound. In addition to making an amazing crochet piece, you'll have a project you can donate or give to someone in need.
- Charity Lapghan with Attached PocketThis Charity Lapghan with Attached Pocket is perfect for anyone who uses a wheelchair. Featuring a generous pocket on the front, this lapghan is a great stow-and-go accessory.
- Wheelchair LapghanThis Wheelchair Lapghan is a twist on the classic crochet afghan. It's just the right size to cover your legs. Put up your feet and get cozy with this easy afghan blanket.
- Autumn Stripes Wheelchair LapghanShort and sweet, the Autumn Stripes Wheelchair Lapghan is a striped crochet pattern just for beginners. It's one of the simplest crochet patterns for beginners which also makes it great to crochet for charity drives and organizations.
- Coins QuiltCreate a lapghan that's fun to look at and extra soft! A Coins Quilt is perfect for anyone with a colorful personality. Free easy crochet patterns are a great way to test your skills and add to your repertoire.
Free Crochet Throw Patterns
Not sure where to start on your own lapghan? Never fear, we have the perfect projects for you! All of these afghan patterns are unique and can be personalized as you see fit.
Find a crochet lap blanket pattern you love along with some throws for a few extra options.
- If you're looking for a quick project, try the Tic Tac Toe Lapghan. Each crochet block can be made in an evening so in about two weeks you'll have your very own crochet throw.
- Think Pink LapghanThe Think Pink Lapghan is a crochet throw pattern that leaves the creativity to you. Explore the possibilities of different pink yarn and learn how to crochet granny squares with a bit of flair.
- Zippy Zag Zag LapghanThis intriguingly designed Zippy Zag Zag Lapghan is the perfect size for movie watching and couch lounging. Try this free easy afghan crochet pattern today and stay warm anytime of the year.
- Lacy Peach LapghanThe Lacy Peach Lapghan is a sweet and light blanket that makes a wonderful spring afghan. With cream and sage colored yarn for accents, this blanket turns out subtle and gives a warm feeling to any room.
- Circle LapghanEasy crochet patterns are fun to crochet. The Circle Lapghan is an easy round crochet pattern that is perfect for wrapping around your shoulders and warming up by the fire.
- Brown and Gray LapghanThis Brown and Gray Lapghan has a simple color scheme, but this one out of many crochet blanket patterns will quickly become your go-to crochet afghan pattern to wear around the house.
- Crocheted Granny LapghanBeginners will love this Crocheted Granny Lapghan. This simple crochet pattern is fun to make and, best of all, looks fantastic. The checkerboard stitch pattern used throughout gives this afghan an airy and almost lacy vibe.
- Manly Sports LapghanThe sports fan in your life will love this crochet free pattern. Have a beer, enjoy the game and curl up with this Manly Sports Lapghan. Make your favorite sports fan this crochet lap blanket pattern to keep them satisfied year-round. Go team!
- Nasturtiums are one of the prettiest flowers, so why not replicate them with this fantastic easy crochet pattern. Lapghans are a great alternative to traditional afghans.
Do you prefer making small or large afghan patterns?
Read NextCrocheted Granny Lapghan
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Project of the Day
Many children enjoy having security blankets to keep close to them at all times. This So Soft One Skein Security Blanket is probably… Continue reading: "So Soft One Skein Security Blanket"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Super Easy Crochet Cluster Bunch Blanket
- How To Make A Single Crochet Solid Triangle
- Double Crochet Solid Triangle Pattern In The Rounds
- Solid Double Crochet Mitered Square With No Gaps
- Crochet Ridged Rainbow Ripple Blanket
- Single Crochet Solid Hexagon
- Little Waves Section
- Parallels Section
- Beehive Stitch Section
- Peek-a-boo Section
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions