- see all comments
"I did find a great video explaining how to read the chart and directions. https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oumKr2eA Cant wait to start this project!"
"Wheres the pattern? The link takes you to a page that saids its been moved."
"May try to do in the future."
"How Do I Crochet?" 22 Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns to Get You Started
This is where you'll find some of the best crochet afghan patterns for beginners!
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Click here to view your crochet patterns.
If you've been asking yourself, "how do I crochet?", then you've come to the right place! There are plenty of beginner crochet afghan patterns available that are perfect for newcomers.
"How Do I Crochet?" 22 Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns to Get You Started is a great guide to easy crochet patterns for beginners. Finding the right crochet afghan pattern can be overwhelming.
Lucky for you, we've rounded up some of our favorite beginner crochet afghan patterns and easy crochet patterns below; we've got a great variety of designs to choose from!
If you've asked yourself "how do I crochet an afghan?" lately, then grab your yarn and hook and get started today!
PLUS! Check out the video tutorial right below to learn how to make a beautiful corner to corner crochet blanket.
Table of Contents
Get more beginner crochet afghan patterns by downloading our 5 Easy Afghans: Free Crochet Patterns for Beginners
Beginner Afghan Patterns
Beginners are sure to love these simple crochet patterns. Whether you want to keep your first crocheted afghan for yourself or give it as a gift, there is an easy crochet pattern for every occasion.
You'll even find easy baby crochet patterns that are simple and cute. Stop asking yourself "how do I crochet?" Grab your hook and get started today!
- Beginner's Round RippleJust because you're learning to make crocheted afghans doesn't mean you can't experiment with funky shapes!
- Rainbow Stripes Beginner Crochet BlanketThis beginner crochet pattern is so easy and only uses the most basic stitches, so it's the perfect blanket to start out with as a newbie!
- Beginner Daydream Baby BlanketCrochet a pastel rainbow for your baby's nursery with this fun beginner's pattern!
- Sweet Easy Peasy SquareTry your hand at a granny square afghan pattern with this beginner-friendly one.
- Quick As a Wink Baby BlanketYou can't go wrong with a classic baby blanket like this one. It's one of the best easy baby crochet patterns out there.
- Salt Water Taffy Baby BlanketWith just one stitch to work, you'll be breezing this blanket in a hurry. Perfect for beginners, this sweet baby blanket uses 7 skeins of worsted weight yarn for a soft and cozy feel.
- Super bulky yarn is a beginner's best friend. This crochet pattern works up quickly and is great to snuggle with when you're done.
- Crocheted Granny LapghanLearning to crochet doesn't have to be stressful. This easy crochet afghan is a breeze to complete.
- Rainbow Days AfghanThis is one of the most classic beginner crochet afghan patterns you'll find. This colorful crocheted afghan will look great in any home.
- Celebrate summer and your new skill with this easy crochet pattern.
- This Super Soft Layla Blanket is made with bulky yarn and a 9.0mm hook and works up in one night!
Easy Afghan Patterns
Once you've mastered the basic question of "how do I crochet?" and you have already completed your very first crocheted afghan, you may not be in the market for beginner afghan patterns anymore.
However, it takes a bit of experience to advance to intermediate patterns, so it's not a bad idea to stick to simple crochet patterns before trying your hand at more advanced techniques. If you're still new to the world of crocheted afghans, then this collection of easy crochet afghan patterns below is for you!
- World's Easiest Crocheted AfghanPretty and easy afghan patterns are great finds. This one is both!
- Giant Granny Square AfghanOne of the most vibrant beginner crochet afghan patterns! This huge afghan will keep you warm and cozy all through the night.
- Foolproof AfghanThis easy crochet pattern is made using front and back post stitches to give it texture. Get started on this simple, but beautiful project today.
- Made using three colors and holding two stands of yarn together, this plush baby blanket is perfect for a crib.
- Stellar Patchwork Crochet BlanketTry your hand at color blocking with this easy crochet baby blanket.
- Progressive Pattern Stitch AfghanA very versatile free crochet pattern. You will love this stitching on this gorgeous and easy blanket.
- Quick and Simple AfghanFree, easy crochet patterns are even better when they're quick to complete.
- Fast, Easy and Pretty AfghanThis crocheted afghan, perfect for girls, will answer "how do I crochet?" for good.
- Berry Shortcake AfghanWith mouth-watering bursts of juicy raspberry, strawberry, and blueberry colors, this crochet afghan the ultimate summer blanket.
- Over the Rainbow Crochet AfghanThis simple design will never go out of style! If you're looking to add a pop of color to your home, then check out this one.
- You Plus Me Crochet AfghanThese joining squares give a modern chic feel to a classic afghan. Even better, this is a great beginner technique for those who have just learned how to crochet.
If you are looking for even more amazing beginner crochet afghan patterns, then take a look at this collection: 13 Free, Fast, Easy Crochet Patterns
Read NextZig-zag Blanket
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Mar 21, 2017
I find this to be so helpful when just starting out.
Oct 31, 2013
I need abbreviations for the patterns to crocheting.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Make it Quick Afghanvideocam
Short on time and need some quick crochet patterns? The Make it Quick Afghan from Bernat is an easy crochet pattern that you will… Continue reading: "Make it Quick Afghanvideocam"
- Zig-zag Blanket
- Ocean Paradise Crochet Throw Blanket
- Latte Delight Crochet Blanket
- Sedge Softee Lapghan Blanket
- Raised Textured Group Stitch
- Crochet Rainbow (any Size) Free Pattern
- Star Stitch Tutorial
- Crochet Cotton Candy Fluffy Blanket
- Unique Bavarian Crochet Stitch Tutorial
- Knit-Look Chunky Afghan
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Quick & Easy: Crochet Throw Pattern
- Beginner Throw (free Crochet Pattern)
- Free Pattern: One Skein Crochet Blanket
- Striped Suzette Stitch Baby Blanket Pattern
- Simple Forgiving Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Crochet Pattern: Modern Throw
- How To: Make A Soft Textured Crochet Blanket
- Easy Crochet Beanie Hat
- Shining Star Crochet Blanket
- Mishelka Blanket
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions