- see all comments
"Is there any way to get a written pattern?"
"I did find a great video explaining how to read the chart and directions. https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oumKr2eA Cant wait to start this project!"
"Wheres the pattern? The link takes you to a page that saids its been moved."
"May try to do in the future."
How to Crochet the Bavarian Square
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Click here to view your crochet patterns.
Learning how to crochet the Bavarian square will open up a whole new world for you. This crochet stitch might look intimidating, but it's actually easier than you might think. With the step-by-step photo tutorial, you should easily be able to master this stitch in no time.
Single crochet, treble crochet, and back post treble crochet are used, but again, if you follow the photos you should be able to get the hang of it. The end result is beautiful and will allow you to switch up your crochet designs moving forward.
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Interview with the Designer - Amy Ramnarine:
Amy Ramnarine from The Stitchin' Mommy designed this tutorial on How to Crochet the Bavarian Square and we asked her some questions about crocheting and blogging.
Q: Who taught you to crochet and how old were you?
A: I actually learned how to crochet on my own by watching tutorials on YouTube and reading crochet books. I just practiced until I felt comfortable enough. I was already an adult at the ripe age of 23 when I learned how to crochet.
Q: What skill/technique/project is on your "bucket list?"
A: I have been trying to learn Tunisian crochet and hope to master it soon enough! It's one of the things that has been on my "bucket list" for a long time and I hope to cross it off my list in 2016.
Q: Where do you get your inspiration?
A: My inspiration comes from everything around me. I LOVE color and I am always looking for color inspiration in nature and items around the house. I get my project inspiration mostly from my kids and friends. I am always creating items for someone so my projects are mostly made for someone "needing" something.
Q: How long have you been blogging? Why did you start?
A: I have been blogging since 2012. I started my blog to promote my finished items that I had for sale. I then began designing my own crochet patterns and have been doing that ever since. My blog has gone through numerous transformations but I think I am in a good place with it now.
Learn how to crochet the most popular stitches and get some projects as well by downloading your copy of How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns free eBook
What colors do you want to use to make your Bavarian square?
Read NextAll Over Shell Crochet Stitch
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Nov 07, 2018
I like the texture and colors used here. Most of my projects now have bright colors and I really love them. I was inspired by one crocheter who's projects are done in bright colors. I'm inspired by those.
Oct 12, 2018
I have not made this yet, but after reading and seeing the pictures I am very interested in making this one! I don't care for doing the granny squares, but this Bavarian Square is something very different! I love the colors used and the design this pattern makes with the textures is so nice. Love learning new things. Thank you so much for sharing this free crochet how to.
Feb 19, 2016
WOW. The colors and the stitch are STUNNING. Must add to my list!!
marymmiranda 91911 81
Jan 13, 2017
I agree. Especially when you can add your favorite colors to this and still come out beautiful.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Beginner Daydream Baby Blanket
Using fun colors like sunshine, light country peach, orchid and other soft colors will make you feel like you're on a cloud while… Continue reading: "Beginner Daydream Baby Blanket"
- All Over Shell Crochet Stitch
- Puff Spike Crochet Stitch Tutorial
- Cluster V-stitch Crochet Tutorial
- How to Crochet the Bavarian Square
- What Are Multiples In Crochet?
- Best Yarn for Crochet: Different Types of Yarn
- How to Crochet the Cable Stitch
- How to Crochet the Granny Ripple Stitch
- Front Post Half Double Crochet Stitch
- How to Crochet: Re-Sizing Crochet Blanket Patterns
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Cozy Corners Afghan
- Crochet Moss Stitch Square Blanket Made In The Rounds
- Gia Afghan
- Crochet Tootie Fruity Stroller Blanket
- Four Colour Baby Blanket
- Jennifer E Ryan
- Ombre Bubble Baby Blanket
- Colorida Hammock Blanket
- Sunrise Stripes Baby Blanket
- Staggered Shells Baby Blanket Shawl
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions