12 Crochet Patterns for Kids, Tweens, and Teens
Make crochet afghans for any of your kids with these free crochet afghan patterns.
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Crochet patterns for kids and teens are unlike any other kind of free crochet pattern. Kids love bright colors, bold shapes, and fun characters. And when it comes to tweens, and teens, it's important to keep a youthful edge to your projects without looking too childish or too sophisticated.
If you think outside the box, you really can't go wrong with free crochet patterns for kids. Just use your imagination and capture your own youthful spirit! That's the best part of crocheting for kids - they won't call you out if you make a mistake or skip a stitch.
So sit back, relax and follow these free crochet patterns for kids, tweens and teens. No matter who you give your project too, they're sure to love it!
Table of Contents
Find the cutest baby afghan patterns in this downloadable: 12 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns free eBook
Crochet Afghans for Little Kids
These are the sweetest little afghan patterns for babies and other young children. From animals to florals, these crochet patterns are bound to be loved for life. Make any of these afghans for a baby shower or a birthday and watch eyes light up!
- Cuddle Dog AfghanArf! Arf! The puppy dog eyes of this crocheted afghan are simply irresistible. The unique shape of this crochet blanket will make a statement in a kid's bedroom for sure.
- Lions and Tigers and Bears Baby BlanketLions and tigers and bears, OH MY! Not only will your new bundle of joy fall in love with this free baby afghan pattern but adults will get a kick out of it, too.
- Kid's DigsKids will want to carry this afghan with them wherever they go! Luckily this is an adorable free crochet pattern, so you won't be embarrassed to let them take it out in public.
- Kiddie Flower AfghanFloral afghans are great for spring and provide a pop of color. Flower crochet motifs will brighten any little girl's room in no time at all.
How to Crochet a Blanket for Tweens
Kids at this stage are a little tricky. They don't want to be treated like babies but they still appreciate some of those childish comforts (who doesn't?). That's why these kids crochet patterns are perfect options. They have both the qualities of children's blankets and adults afghans. Check them out!
- Striped Pillow-GhanWhen your tween goes on their first sleepover, have them pack this pillowghan. This afghan is easy to pack up and perfect for sleeping. Just fold up the afghan in the morning to turn this blanket into a cute striped pillow for your bed.
- Monkey Motif AfghanAnimals are a great motif for all crochet patterns for kids. You'll go bananas for this adorable afghan project!
- Tween Pillow & ThrowGive the tween in your life the gift of comfort and style. Bright and vibrant colors will make this crochet throw an instant favorite.
- Dino-mite! Dinosaur Tail Snuggle SackThis easy crochet snuggle sack is perfect for dino lovers as it resembles a huge dinosaur tail with little crochet plates along the side. Work this pattern using bright, fun colors to fit your child's room or style.
Crochet Blankets for Teens
Teens are obsessed with all things "cool" and we think these crochet afghan patterns fit the bill! From video game themes to simple ripple styles, these blankets will fit perfectly in their rooms. If you know a teen and struggle with what to get them for birthdays or other holidays, then take a look at these ideas!
- Super Mario AfghanYou might not believe your eyes, but this Super Mario Afghan is all done in single crochet. This free crochet afghan pattern is a superb rendering of the Super Mario video game that so many teens love.
- Teen Ripple AfghanRipple afghans make the absolute best free crochet patterns. They're quick and easy. Use fun colors to personalize this project!
- 8-Bit Mario BlanketThis afghan is made by connecting various granny squares to look like the pixelated Mario from the original Super Mario Bros. game.
- Teen ThrowThis free crochet afghan pattern is a superb rendering of the Super Mario video game that so many kids love. It will definitely add a pop of color to any room.
Kids love color, which is why these bright ripple patterns will appeal to any of them. Check out these ideas for birthdays, holidays, and more: 25 Colorful Crochet Afghan Patterns: Ripple Stitch
Which style of afghan is your favorite to crochet?
Let us know in the comment section below!
Read NextMystic Ripple Blanket
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Candy Floss Blanket
- Crochet Diagonal Raised Stitch Blanket
- Modern Mitered Crochet Baby Blanket
- C2c Large Daisy Crochet Blanket
- C2c Sunshine Crochet Blanket
- C2c Chevron Crochet Blanket
- Seamless Solid Crochet Circle To Granny Square Pattern
- C2c Little Penguin Crochet Blanket
- C2c Skull Crochet Blanket
- Super Easy And Cute Crochet Carrot Applique
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions