Red Heart Hygge Yarn
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Red Heart Hygge Yarn
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeCrochetAfghanPatterns.com
When I'm checking out new yarns for upcoming projects I have in mind, I want the yarn to be soft and scrumptious. I'm one of those people with sensitive skin, so the scratchy wool products and yarns aren't quite for me. Aside from the soft texture, I look at the yarn itself to see if I can imagine what type of project it can be turned into. When I came across Red Heart's Hygge yarn, I instantly thought of a ton of projects that can be made with this yarn.
Hygge (pronounced hoo-gah) is the Danish concept of comfort, coziness and warm relationships, which is exactly what I think of when playing around with this yarn; it is so soft and cozy that I can only imagine cuddling up in a fabulous crocheted afghan next to a warm fire. Hygge evokes feelings of well-being and contentment and I just know you will love this new yarn line.
This soft, bulky weight yarn is made of 70% acrylic and 30% nylon and is twisted with a short fur end, so it does have a bit of texture to it. You will love watching your projects work up into beautiful pieces like blankets, accessories and garments. A warm and fuzzy sweater would be wonderful in Hygge. Available in 20 colors, you will easily be able to mix and match into the perfect color combination, but your projects will also look amazing in solids.
Hygge will look amazing in both knit and crocheted patterns and will certainly give you that cozy, warm feeling. If you're looking for a yarn that is super soft to the touch and looks silky and shiny, then this yarn should be added to your collection.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Wake up the smart way - wrapped in a Blueberry Mornings Basketweave Crochet Afghan Pillow. This crochet basketweave pattern is as… Continue reading: "Blueberry Mornings Basketweave Crochet Afghan & Pillow"
Chance to win the Under the Sea Crochet Kimono Kit!
Chance to Win a Bundle of Red Heart With Love Yarn!
Chance to Win a Bundle of Bernat Baby Blanket Yarn!
Chance to win a Slipped Stitch Studios Notion Pouch!
Chance to win Premier Sweet Roll Yarn!
Red Heart Shimmer Yarn
Chance to win Red Heart Colorscape Yarn!
Chance to win Premier Parfait Layers Yarn!
Enter to win a set of Furls Crochet Candy Shop Hooks!
Chance to win Soft Essentials Baby Yarn!
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Red Heart With Love Yarn
- Bernat Baby Blanket Yarn
- Right Round Square
- "Two Hearts that beat as One" C2C Square
- Grey Wolf C2C Square - Wildlife Graphghan
- Aurora Skies Ribbed Crochet Baby Blanket
- Bahama Waves Baby Blanket
- Arboretum Square
- "Tigris, the Siberian Tiger" - C2C Square - Wildlife Graphghan
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions