Fair Isle Nantucket Yarn
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Fair Isle Nantucket Yarn
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeCrochetAfghanPatterns.com
I love having the ability to play with new yarns all the time; I'm always in the loop of new yarn lines and products that come out as they hit the shelves. What I really enjoy most is the fact that I can experiment with yarns that I might not have otherwise if they weren't sent to me directly. With that said, I got to play with Fair Isle Nantucket Yarn which was a blast.
Nantucket is a 75% acrylic, 25% superwash wool yarn that is labeled as bulky and chunky. Yes, that's what the label says, but it's not like your typical bulky yarn like a large thick wool that you can work up in a matter of minutes. Each skein is 131 yards of super soft quality fiber that you'll easily want to get your hands on. Nantucket comes in 21 fabulous colors like aquatic, cherry, apricot, island sunset, indigo, merlot, sandy beach, sapphire and walnut. You can mix and match solids with other solids or pick a few solid colors and pair it with a variegated color for the perfect color scheme.
Knowing how to take care of your crochet projects is crucial so you don't end up with a pilled project or even worse, something unraveled. Nantucket can be machine washed in cold water on a gentle cycle, but you'll want to lay it flat to dry. Also be sure not to iron it like most yarns and if you follow these directions then you'll have a beautiful crochet project for many years to come.
Whether you're looking to crochet an afghan, a matching hat and mittens set or even a scarf, this yarn will keep you nice and warm. You'll love the soft feel and coziness of the fiber and you'll never want to put it down.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Be prepared to be totally taken back, because this crochet baby blanket is absolutely stunning. Introducing the Darling Daisy Crochet… Continue reading: "Darling Daisy Crochet Baby Blanket"
- Patons Divine Yarn
- Win Lion Brand Ice Cream Yarn!
- Chance to win Bunches of Hugs Yarn!
- Enter to win Bernat Blanket Yarn!
- Chance to win Red Heart Hygge Yarn!
- Enter to win Super Saver Jumbo Yarn!
- Chance to win Premier Parfait Layers Yarn!
- Everything Mary Folding Knitting Caddy
- Enter to win Shepherd's Shades Yarn!
- Enter to win Billie Jean Denim Yarn!
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions